Currency symbols and cents in reports

Options
Dandrake
Dandrake Member

Somewhere I stumbled on a pair of options to suppress $ (currency symbols in general, I think) in reports. Also dollars-and-cents. This seems to be absolutely vital to getting reports that can be exported to CSV format and read into a spreadsheet.

Now that I've progressed far enough to generate the right reports in the first place, I can't find where those options appear in the mass of report definitions. Can anyone help?

Tagged:

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited June 2023
    Options

On any report, click the View button between Edit and Duplicate at the top. Then click View Settings in the menu that pops up. You will find the options you're looking for in the Options section of the window that pops up. This is assuming you are using the current version of QMac.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@Dandrake The answer from @RickO is correct as far as on-screen display. But since you said you were interested in export to a CSV file, I'd note that Quicken's report exports do not include a currency symbol and do include cents. The View > Settings for show/hide currency symbol and show/hide cents apply on-screen, but not for export.

I think the assumption is that Quicken exports complete data (e.g. with cents), and you can adjust the formatting however you want in your spreadsheet program of choice.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.