Charles Schwab Connection looping and not responding

Options
ESKrish
ESKrish Member ✭✭

After downloading and accepting transactions from Charles Schwab, the program goes to update from site. It is not responding after that.

Tries restarting after killing the program through Task Manager

Even rebooted and tried.

Best Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

From your screen shot it looks like the program (Quicken) is attempting to update itself, which is odd behavior because Quicken, when you start the program, checks to see if there's a newer version and if there is one does the program update first.

This seems to have started with Version R50.13, Build 27.1.50.13 as others have reported similar problems. I'd suggest reverting to an earlier version of Quicken and enabling Windows User Account Control so that Quicken doesn't update itself when you open the program.

Earlier versions can be found here at a site maintained by one of the SuperUsers.

https://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatches.html

• ESKrish
    ESKrish Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Seems there is an R50.14 out there now. Will try that. It says

Version R50.14 HF3 (June 2023)

What’s Fixed

• A "Quicken Update Status" error occurred when customers attempted to update their investment accounts. This resulted in a system freeze, preventing further actions within Quicken.

• ESKrish
    ESKrish Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes. It is fixed now in the new version. Thanks

Answers

• ESKrish
    ESKrish Member ✭✭
    Options

I had to to kill the program again through Task Manager.

Tried few times. Loops for all my 3 accounts with Charles Schwab.

• ESKrish
    ESKrish Member ✭✭
    Options

Tried disconnecting internet. Still when I tried to open the investment acct, it goes into loop.

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

From your screen shot it looks like the program (Quicken) is attempting to update itself, which is odd behavior because Quicken, when you start the program, checks to see if there's a newer version and if there is one does the program update first.

This seems to have started with Version R50.13, Build 27.1.50.13 as others have reported similar problems. I'd suggest reverting to an earlier version of Quicken and enabling Windows User Account Control so that Quicken doesn't update itself when you open the program.

Earlier versions can be found here at a site maintained by one of the SuperUsers.

https://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatches.html

• ESKrish
    ESKrish Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Seems there is an R50.14 out there now. Will try that. It says

Version R50.14 HF3 (June 2023)

What’s Fixed

• A "Quicken Update Status" error occurred when customers attempted to update their investment accounts. This resulted in a system freeze, preventing further actions within Quicken.

• ESKrish
    ESKrish Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes. It is fixed now in the new version. Thanks

This discussion has been closed.