Citizens Bank - Quicken QFX Web Connect not working properly (QWIN)

Options
13»

Comments

• Desk
    Desk Member
    Options

I ended my Quicken subscription, partly based on the broken Citizen's bank issue. I was fairly tired of the subscription model for basically a "Check Register" so I'm done. I'll manually update and balance each month, but won't spend $60 a year anymore for this glitchy program.

• abonta70
    abonta70 Member ✭✭
    Options

I share this issue, and if you notice the url, it still says citizenscommunitybank.com when you are trying to connect. This is the wrong url. When I log into my citizens account, I use my.citizenscommunitybank.com. Could this be part of the problem with getting the CC503 error? It's incredibly frustrating. I bank with Citizens Community Bank IL, and I'm about to move to another bank because of this.

• Earl Zier
    Earl Zier Member ✭✭
    Options

What banks in the NJ area export Quicken files correctly?

• Earl Zier
    Earl Zier Member ✭✭
    Options

Migrating to PNC. Works with Quicken.

• pumford
    pumford Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This Citizens Bank messup has been so painful. I still have some accounts at Citizens that I don't care to migrate to another bank, for reasons I won't get into, so I really really want to eventually get these Quicken download problems resolved. The programmer(s?) is getting closer. The download file now contains a correct <FITID> for each transaction. However, there is still a problem with almost every single <TRNTYPE> in the download files.

Currently the <TRNTYPE> is copying the same info that is in the <MEMO> line. However, this results in incorrect transaction types. Quicken has a short list of transaction types and of course banks need to adhere to the exact transaction names that Quicken will accept. By modifying the <TRNTYPE> to POS, XFER, DEBIT, DIRECTDEP, DEP, OTHER, or ATM, (CHECK is the only one that is correct), then Quicken will not give the OL-221-A error, and the data will import correctly.

Now, if the programmer at Citizens would just read this discussion to find out what needs to be fixed, and update his or her programming accordingly.

• jim.murnyack
    Options

To successfully download your transactions, try right mouse click (perhaps double right mouse click) on your Citizens account and select the [Edit/Delete account] option presented to display the Account Details popup window. Navigate to the Online Services tab and select the Reset Account button option. Provide the required information prompted and once connected to Citizens, the appropriate transactions should download to a properly formatted QFX file. My QFX files are set to auto opened in Quicken and the transaction are displayed to match appropriately.

This is a pain to have to do each time you wish to download, but it seems to work and downloads all the transactions since last download. I believe this ties into the auto download feature and stored connection details in the vault. I personally do not use the auto scheduled download feature and try to keep this off for all accounts, but I may have this account now stored in the vault. My son uses the auto update feature and his Citizens account has never stopped working since the first day Citizens updated/replaced their online account program. I know there are many ways users prefer to control/setup these banking connections and I only present this as one alternative to help until Citizens can fix the Export > Quicken for WebConnect option so it works as it did in the past (personally my preferred method).

Best wishes!

This discussion has been closed.