Citizens Bank - Quicken QFX Web Connect not working properly (QWIN)

Options

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

so … was the QFX file good - or does it still have bogus FID numbers ?
    Anything else regarding bad “data” is a different topic .. as there are several with regards to Online Balance vs Pending Transactions which are not downloaded

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Earl Zier
    Earl Zier Member ✭✭
    Options

Citizens bank recently changed its online banking platform. When a series of transactions is downloaded, Quicken says it cannot verify the financial institution information for this download. Also before this recent problem, all transactions were coming into Quicken as deposits. I'm using Quicken for Windows (11), release R50.16 which is up to date.

• Earl Zier
    Earl Zier Member ✭✭
    Options

Just had a conversation with Citizens. This is a known issue that they are working on.

• Wolverine
    Wolverine Member
    Options

I am having the same issue.

• pcf
    pcf Member
    Options

I have had this problem since they did their upgrade.

• RayWash
    RayWash Member
    Options

Citizens Bank no longer supports Quicken file format. I am still able to download the OFX file from my bank but it is not loaded to my Quicken. The file needs to be converted to QIF Quicken format. How can I convert this file? There are many converters online but with a cost and most do not work. I have years of data and can not afford to loose any transactions. I need a converter that will work or a process to perform this conversion.

• augustmiller
    augustmiller Member
    Options

where is an answer

• RobLott
    RobLott Member
    Options

If Quicken is not supported by Citizens Bank it will be useless to me. Is there a plan to fix this??? Causing major accounting issues.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

WHICH Citizen's? There are dozens of them in Q.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• RobLott
    RobLott Member
    Options

Citizen's Bank in MA. Can download file but won't update Quicken transactions. If googled says not supported any longer.

• RobLott
    RobLott Member
    Options

Still no answer from Quicken support????

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

FYI: This is a Community forum of Quicken users, just like you. We users are volunteers who respond to posts if and when time permits and if we have something to contribute to the discussion.

There are some Quicken employees who participate in Community (mostly Moderators). Moderators, like users, will offer some troubleshooting suggestions, use/navigation suggestions, etc., but can also pass along some information from Community to other Quicken employee functions as well as to post Alerts and Announcements in this Community.

Quicken Support does not post in Community (at least not that I can recall).

If you want to engage Quicken Support on this you need to either Phone or Chat with them ( https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support ….make sure you have popup blockers turned off or that Quicken.com is whitelisted). Or you can report the issue inside the Quicken application via Help > Report A Problem (but you will not get a response).

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11

• pumford
    pumford Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

@Ps56k2 As of this morning 7/11/2023, the QFX file available on Citizens' website still is not recognized by Quicken due to the file containing the routing number where the 00118 FID should be. After correcting the FID per instructions earlier in this thread and saving the file with the QFX extension, Quicken will then recognize and open the file.

However, it still does not work correctly. I have downloaded several date ranges of transactions, with varying numbers of transactions within the ranges, and in all cases, Quicken is only adding the very last transaction to the Downloaded Transactions list. So 3 weeks+ into this debacle, Citizens is still a disaster.

I spoke with a online banking rep this morning and she had no fix ETA, but said they are receiving many calls about the Quicken / QuickBooks problem, and she was able to ask me if I was experiencing the financial institution error message before I could detail the issue. I then explained in detail the FID mistake that is causing the error message, and she took and verified detailed notes for forwarding to the software geeks. Maybe one of these weeks they'll finally get it sorted out.

• RobLott
    RobLott Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

Citizens Online support (800 656-6561) says to try again in 24 to 48 hrs. Feel free to call them as well to inquire and keep pressure on.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Doing a search in Community, I do not see an Alert posted about this issue but I have found 2 other threads that sound similar to this one. In one of them a user posts that Citizens is aware of the issue and is working on it.:

1. QWin:
    2. QMac:

There is a freeware conversion program that was developed by a long-time and current Quicken user that might be able to convert CSV, Excel and OFX files into something Quicken can import. This assumes, of course, that the data in those formatted files that Citizens allows you to download does not also have problems with them. I have not used it myself but there are many who have posted in this Community that it works well.

The freeware is named ImportQIF and can be reviewed and downloaded from https://www.quicknperlwiz.com/ .

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

might try this thread - ….. review your downloaded QFX file - and the key is the <FID> number -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files, a sanitized data file, and screenshots (if possible) attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• GregoryKS
    GregoryKS Member
    Options

Thanks for this thread. I have credit cards with many financial institutions, including Citizens, but Citizens is also my bank for primary checking and savings. I have been using Quicken for 25+ years and Citizens for the past 15, and Citizens has been consistently - and by far - the most problematic with regards to Quicken compatibility (with Chase a distant second). I was hoping their recent website revamp would not make their Quicken compatibility worse, but after receiving the error message "Quicken is currently unable to verify the financial institution information for this download. Please try again later.", I can see that Citizens doesn't really understand the needs of their customers.

• pumford
    pumford Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

A month into the new Citizen's website debacle, I'm still receiving the same error message "Quicken is currently unable to verify the financial institution information for this download. Please try again later." I called Citizen's business banking help line yet again, and the rep was unable to give me an ETA for a fix, or even to promise that the issue would eventually be fixed.

Therefore, unfortunately, after 30 years with Citizens Bank and its predecessors, and despite having half a dozen different business and personal accounts there that handle all my personal and business transactions, it's clear that the time has come to switch to a bank that is more responsive to its customers' needs.

• PhiliMD
    PhiliMD Member
    Options

I use quicken mac, 2007 (yup, still works!). Had the same problem with Citizens that everyone else is having. However, as of today, no longer get the message "quicken is currently unable to verify the financial institution information….. " That said, the qfx file only brings over 1 or two transactions. I think these are all online transfers only . No others will import into quicken. That said, the transactions are there in the file. I can see them when I convert the file to a qif file.

Anyone else in this situation as of today? It is still useless.

• MAG118
    MAG118 Member
    Options

I have the same issue as of 7/19, where I can import the .QFX file from Citizens website, BUT it only imports the last transaction (as mentioned in a previous comment). I opened the .QFX file in notepad and compared to a QFX file that worked 2 months ago, and the issue seems to be that the [FITID] field for each transaction shows value as 'unknown' in the new file. in the OLD working file, it has a long identifier similar to [acctnumber]2202307190000263 (which includes the date plus an incremental counter at the end). When I added that number to one of the transactions in the new 'broken' file (with changing the date part in that long FITID), saved and tried reimporting…that transaction now imports correctly. HOWEVER and ADDITONALLY the [NAME] and [MEMO] fields in the 'broken' file are the same, so the imported transaction doesn't have the actual name of the transaction, just the same as what is in the [MEMO] filed (i.e. ACH Withdrwal or similar).

As mentioned, if you reimport with same transaction id (FITID) it won't re-import, unless you restored from backup prior to re-import. so I updated the last number on the FITID that i manually entered, and changed the [NAME] field to what the transaction was from my online statement (diff from the [MEMO] field), and reimported …and the tranasaction imported again …now with the name as well.

So, the issue seems to be the data Citizens is including in the exported\downloaded .QFX file, does NOT have any Transaction ID's [FITID] field, as they all show as 'unknown', AND the [NAME] filed data is not included , it is just a duplicate of whatever is in the [MEMO] field. Has anyone related that to Citizens? I could go through my statement and creat incremental FITIDs for every transaction in the .QFX file, and copy and paste the name into the NAME field, but that is obviously ridiculous and unsustainable. I hope Citizens is aware and can resolve. Can anyone also provide info on how they contacted Citizens Support to relate these problems?

• JoeB56
    JoeB56 Member ✭✭
    Options

Just a simple update. I tried downloading transaction again today and the QFX file now contains the correct FID and not the routing number. Since I have been manually entering and marking new transactions a cleared in Quicken, if they are indeed cleared, I cannot yet say the problem is completely resolved. But I will test again after some additional transaction are posted. One step at a time!

• MAG118
    MAG118 Member
    Options

As of today, 7/22, FITID (transaction ID) still shows 'unknown' and NAME and MEMO fields are still the same. still not resolved for those items

• joanjps
    joanjps Member ✭✭
    Options

I find that Quicken webconnect is now downloading a file, but it does not integrate with the register upon import. Others encountering this? Or having success?? Joan

• pumford
    pumford Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yep, I'm experiencing the same problem. Apparently the one programmer at Citizens who knew how to prepare Quicken files for download has retired or jumped ship, and the summer intern they assigned to the job isn't the sharpest tack in the box.

• Earl Zier
    Earl Zier Member ✭✭
    Options

Have another problem. The export QFX file from Citizens is actually downloading as a OFX file.

• joanjps
    joanjps Member ✭✭
    Options

I now find the QFX WebConnect is available, but does not complete File Import by downloading into the register. I do not have this problem with Capital One.

• pumford
    pumford Member ✭✭✭
    Options

We're approaching the 2 month mark on the revamp of Citizens Bank's website, and the Quicken WebConnect QFX data file is still garbage that is unusable by Quicken, as the above picture shows. I've moved my business account to another bank because of this, and was hoping to not have to move my personal accounts too, but Citizens has left us no choice.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

really need to start with and show the FID bank ID number assigned by Quicken as discussed above …

Here again is our good Chase file - your bank FID should be showing 00118

<FI>
    <ORG>Chase
    <FID>10898
    </FI>
    <INTU.BID>10898

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• joeOH
    joeOH Member
    Options

When I import the .QFX file from Citizens website it only imports the last transaction (as mentioned in previous comments). It did this with 081123 transactions and opened the 081123 .QFX file in notepad and compared to actual 081123 transactions from Citizens Bank online. ADDITONALLY imported transactions do not have the actual name of the transaction, just the same as what is in the [MEMO] filed (i.e. ACH Withdrwal or similar). Also the online balance amount on the Quicken register is not updating.

Fair is fair. Since its been almost 2 months since it correctly worked, I demand that Quicken support contact Citizens Bank to work out the kinks. Looks like Citizens Bank put in some efforts since 061923 but it’s about time to get this resolved. Both Quicken and Citizens Bank could lose my business. I am sure other users feel the same.

Since the actual QFX file contains confidential information I did not attach it but can send it to you another way.

This discussion has been closed.