Latest Update Causing Quicken to be stuck

Options
Pdubs
Pdubs Member

Can only use task manager to get out of it. Have not been able to update in three days

anyone else experiencing this?

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please do HELP, About Quicken and tell us what BUILD you're running

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• bob.hartel
    bob.hartel Member
    Options

This is happening to me too. I am running Version R50.14 Build 27.1.50.14

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you haven't done so already, please do the following actions:
    • Even if you are on the latest software level already, download and install the latest Manual Patch file from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product to ensure your Quicken software is up to date and correctly installed.
    • Reboot Windows.
    • Validate and Supervalidate your Quicken data file.
    • If nothing helps, try to restore your Quicken data file from an Automatic or Manual backup taken just prior to the problems first occurring. https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Validate and Supervalidate instructions
    First save a backup file prior to performing these steps
    Validate: 
    • Click File
    • Select Validate and Repair File...
    • Select Validate File
    • If the data file contains investment accounts also select "Rebuild investing lots". If you suspect that a damaged Quotes Price History causes your problems, also select "Correct investing price history" functions "Delete" or "Repair and Rebuild".
    • Click OK
    • Close the Data Log
    • Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    • Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    • Click File
    • Press and hold both CTRL and Shift keys while you click Validate and Repair File...
    • Select Supervalidate File
    • Click OK
    • Close the Data Log
    • Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    • Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

• bob.hartel
    bob.hartel Member
    Options

Thanks, but none of this worked for me. Could not supervalidate and see below for screen shot of message when trying to in

stall the manual patch.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In case of Patch installation error "Server file failed to load … Index and length …"

please follow instructions here: https://www.quicken.com/support/patch-error-unable-check-updates-server-file-failed-load

If the error message is about a file named "wyserver.wys", the problem is the Windows User Account name. If your Windows User files are located in a folder named, for example,
    "C:\Users\John Doe\..." (with a blank space between John and Doe)
    you need to create a new Windows User Account with Admin privileges and a name that does not contain a blank space, e.g., "John". Use the new account to install or update Quicken. Afterwards return to using your regular Windows User Account for running Quicken and doing all other work, as usual.

If the user name is not the cause, try to enable and use the hidden Administrator account.
    See https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/enable-the-hidden-administrator-account-on-windows-vista/ how to do that. Supposed to work in all Windows versions.

At your next migration to a new Windows version I recommend changing the username to remove the blank space. It appears to be a holdover from old Windows versions using the obsolete "Documents and Settings" folder structure.

• bob.hartel
    bob.hartel Member
    Options

Thanks for trying to help me with this. So it looks like Quicken issued an update last night that allowed for investment accounts to update. It now is asking for passwords for all of my other accounts which are supposed to be direct connect and have passwords already set up in Quicken. They seem to be fixing one thing and causing other things to break. The latest version 27.1.50.14 seems to have a bug and needs to be fixed.

• bob.hartel
    bob.hartel Member
    Options

I worked with Quicken support on this. It looks like the 50.14 patch didn't install correctly. The fix was to reinstall Quicken, make a copy of my data file, validate it, super validate it, then reconnect my accounts for updating. It seems to work now.

This discussion has been closed.