How do I enter qualified dividends in tax planner under scenarios 1,2,or 3? I could in the past.

Options

How do I enter qualified dividends in tax planner under scenarios 1,2,or 3? I could in the past.

Best Answers

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

The template web pages for Tax Planner are stored in the Quicken subfolder under the Program Data folder. There are times when an uninstall will not delete the Quicken subfolder. If you are interested in trying further fixes, I would try 2 things.

First, create a new data file with one manual cash account. Then check to see if QDI box is present in Tax Planner. If not, it is an installation issue.

Second, uninstall Quicken and then manually delete the Quicken subfolder under the Program Data folder.

Then reinstall Quicken.

Adding- I'm assuming you already tried in the Tax Planner menu, Reset to Defaults. If not try that.

• santee
    santee Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

markus1957 - Manually deleting the quicken file worked after a fresh install. Thanks

Answers

• markus1957
    Options

Just verified in R50.14 that the QDI input box is present in Scenarios and it works like it always has. Be more specific if you still have an issue.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In the Interest/Dividends section of the Tax Planer, enter your total dividends at the top and the Qualified portion on the Qualified Dividends line below.

If this does not work for you, please explain the problem in more detail.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

just curious - how do you know before receiving your year end 1099 that you have QDI ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• santee
    santee Member
    Options

My fidelity brokerage account shows the data when you look under the “tax info YTD” tab. But I mainly use this Quicken feature for paying estimated tax so it is basically an educated guess.

• santee
    santee Member
    Options

jim, thanks for the response. What you said about entering the total dividends on the top and qualifying dividends on the line below is how I remembered the program use to work. But the updated version of quicken that I am using does not have a line below for entering qualifying dividends. Not sure why?

• markus1957
    edited June 2023
    Options

Try applying the manual patch because as I said above, the QDI input box is present in R50.14 just as it has been in previous versions.

https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

• santee
    santee Member
    Options

markus1957- Thanks, tried the patch update and also a complete application reload. Still did not solve issue. Contacted quicken tech support and they are aware of this issue along with others and hope to have a fix out in the next few months. Not sure I can trust quicken data at this point……some data such as salary income is not recognized in some reports but is in others. The whole quicken program is in question at this point……the technician finally admitted they are havening numerous problems with some customers.

• markus1957
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

The template web pages for Tax Planner are stored in the Quicken subfolder under the Program Data folder. There are times when an uninstall will not delete the Quicken subfolder. If you are interested in trying further fixes, I would try 2 things.

First, create a new data file with one manual cash account. Then check to see if QDI box is present in Tax Planner. If not, it is an installation issue.

Second, uninstall Quicken and then manually delete the Quicken subfolder under the Program Data folder.

Then reinstall Quicken.

Adding- I'm assuming you already tried in the Tax Planner menu, Reset to Defaults. If not try that.

• santee
    santee Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

markus1957 - Manually deleting the quicken file worked after a fresh install. Thanks

• santee
    santee Member
    Options

The problem came back once I started using large fonts in the tax planner program. Once I deselected large fonts you could then see and enter the "qualified dividend" entry box. Reported this issue to quicken. The full application deletion and reinstall only worked because it reverts the font back to standard. Lot of time wasted on this simple issue! Lesson learned……watch out when you select large fonts in the quicken program!

This discussion has been closed.