Safari: Login loop?

Options
alexjohnson
alexjohnson Member ✭✭

Just asked a question but before I could do that, I needed to login here… which was not easy! I kept being told there was a problem with my credentials—and I know my password and it is saved in Safari. Changing the password (in Safari) doesn't fix it: you can change it successfully, but then you are sent back to the same login screen.

Two things "fixed" it: logging in on Chrome, to check it worked—it did—and quitting Safari, and then logging in.

I am using the Sonoma Beta, and Using Safari Version 7.1.1 (Build 701.49349.100) so it is possible this is beta-related. But, I am interested to know whether Quicken just doesn't like Safari (that is, if its web programmers assume everyone uses Chrome)?

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

I use Safari with this site 99% of the time. I use one computer up-to-date with Ventura and one computer running much older macOS Mojave, and I have no issues with either one.

Also, just FYI, this site is running on commercial software called Vanilla Forums from Higher Logic, so if there are any issues, it could be with the Vanilla software.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I’ve never had a problem using Safari with Quickens website.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

I use Safari with this site 99% of the time. I use one computer up-to-date with Ventura and one computer running much older macOS Mojave, and I have no issues with either one.

Also, just FYI, this site is running on commercial software called Vanilla Forums from Higher Logic, so if there are any issues, it could be with the Vanilla software.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • alexjohnson
    alexjohnson Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks. There's definitely something not 100% about it as I had exactly the same issue installing Quicken on another Mac (running Ventura) with the app's own login screen. The way to get past it is to et the error, quit the app, reopen it, and try again: that works. I presume the Quicken app is using Webkit for that screen. Anyway, all done.

This discussion has been closed.