Can I remove "R" flags on investment account

Options

I have a messed up investment account which I would like to manually repair and reconcile. Is there any way to remove the reconcile flags so I can do a reconcile again?

Best Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can remove the R from multiple investment transactions by going to the Edit Multiple Transactions in the register's gear menu. Select the transactions and click Mark Uncleared or Mark Cleared depending on the state you want the transactions in.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• prwilliams38
    prwilliams38 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Many thanks for the information! I had no idea that facility was there! This helps a lot.

Paul Williams

• prwilliams38
    prwilliams38 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks again for the help. I have already employed the solution offered before. Again, thanks for the responses.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The only way to remove the R on an investment txn is one at a time … the same way that you created them

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can remove the R from multiple investment transactions by going to the Edit Multiple Transactions in the register's gear menu. Select the transactions and click Mark Uncleared or Mark Cleared depending on the state you want the transactions in.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I knew there had to be a better way … but I'd never found that. THANKS RJS

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• prwilliams38
    prwilliams38 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Many thanks for the information! I had no idea that facility was there! This helps a lot.

Paul Williams

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Another way to make changes to multiple transactions is use the menu item Edit>Find/Replace. You can set up multiple filters to target the transactions you want to edit and then use the Replace option to change the selected transactions. Cleared Status is one of the fields that can be changed.

• prwilliams38
    prwilliams38 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks again for the help. I have already employed the solution offered before. Again, thanks for the responses.

This discussion has been closed.