Can't activate multiple Schwab accounts

Options
flyboy03051
flyboy03051 Member ✭✭

Hello, I added a couple of new accounts in Schwab but I am not able to activate the accounts in quicken or download the transactions. When trying to add the new accounts in the accounts list I enter Charles Schwab and I'm directed to Schwab, I log into Schwab and Schwab shows all of my accounts and I select the accounts I want to quicken to access. Schwab confirms the accounts are now accessible to Quicken and I close out the Schwab window and go back to Quicken. Quicken now has a window open saying "Use the bank -hosted sign-in form in your browser window to authorize downloads" and I get stuck here. I've tried going back to Schwab in a new browser window and confirm my accounts are set to allow access for quicken and they are already set up correctly. I can't get past his issue. I tried to reset the schwas accounts and I also tried loading an earlier back up version of my Quicken data and add the accounts again but I get the same results. Any suggestions would be appricated.

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

One thing you might try here is to open the Account List, and deactivate all Schwab Accounts for downloading. Make sure every Schwab Account including closed, hidden, are deactivated. The do Edit > Preferences… > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts > Sign in as a different user, then sign in again using your Quicken ID and Password, and give it another try.

• flyboy03051
    flyboy03051 Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Tom, Thank you for your response but it did not work. I de-activated all the Schwab accounts (both my wife's and mine) selected "sign -in as different user" then signed in again.

I also went to Schwab and removed quicken access to both my wife's and my Schwab accounts.

I then went into Quicken, add account one of my wife's accounts, selected Charles Schwab, signed into Schwab using my wife's user ID and password and everything went well, the accounts were activated normally.

I then went to add one of my accounts, selected Charles Schwab, signed into Schwab using my Schwab user name and password, selected the accounts in Schwab to activate, selected "done" and closed out of Schwab and go back to Quicken as I did when I was activating my wife's accounts and Quicken displays a window that says "Use the bank -hosted sign-in form in your browser window to authorize downloads" and I get stuck here. Quicken stays at that window until it times out.

I've tried this many times over the last couple of days but I'm out of ideas. Any additional suggestions are apricated.

Bob

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

This sounds like a permutation of a post I started over in the SuperUser's Lounge titled "Can't have 2 distinct UserIDs and Passwords w/EWC+ working at the same time???" as I was noticing more than a few posts about users, connected via EWC+, couldn't get both spouses' Accounts to downloading properly at the same time.

One SuperUser that was having the same problem with multiple Financial Institutions posted this:

————————————————————————————————-

Well, I did the "Sign in as a different user" routine. I signed out
    of Quicken, then immediately signed back in as the same user. I then
    deactivated the problem account (my wife's Chase CC). I added a step
    from the old, old days that used to help when reactivating an account. I
    deleted the Financial Institution and the Account Number from the
    General tab of the Edit Account Details screen. I clicked OK to close
    the "Edit Account Details" then opened it up again and performed a Setup
    Online. SUCCESS. If I look at Update Settings, I now have two lines for
    Chase where I used to have just one. This is consistent with BofA,
    where I have three lines (one for joint checking, one for my credit
    cards, and one for my wife's credit cards).

So, the good news is
    the setup now is correct. The bad news is I don't know what fixed it -
    the "Sign in as a different user" or the deletion of the Financial
    Institution information in the Edit Account Details window before
    reactivating the account.

————————————————————————————————-You might try this slightly different method. If that doesn't work contacting Official Quicken Support might be the best bet.

• flyboy03051
    flyboy03051 Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Tom, Thanks again for your response.

I tried what you suggested, signed out, signed back in, edited each of my Schwab accounts to make sure they were de-activated, removed the financial institution name and account number and then tried to add my Schwab accounts but the same results. Note that there was one Schwab account that I could NOT edit the financial name. It contained the schwab name but the field was not able to edit that field.

I'll try to contact Quicken support.

Thanks

Bob

• h05shanzer
    h05shanzer Member
    Options

I have been having this problem for about a month. I could fix it temporarily by deactivating all my accounts, editing them to remove the Chas. Schwab name and the a/c number and then reactivating. This works for a few days and then stops again. Multiple calls to Quicken support have been less than helpful. After I insisted on escalating up two levels of management they begrudgingly admitted there is a problem which they are "working on". So far there have been three new Quicken revisions to download but the problem has just gotten worse. Before, when I finally got connected, it worked. Now when I do get an apparent connection to Schwab it fails to download the most recent transactions, but the "update summary" indicates that the connection has been successful. It is clearly is not really talking to Schwab since the "holdings" tab in the online center screen says that the holding are the same as Schwab and they are NOT.

I am paying an exorbitant yearly fee to get downloads and they DO NOT WORK.

• flyboy03051
    flyboy03051 Member ✭✭
    Options

Hello h05shanzer, After a couple of calls with Q C/S I now have my Schwab accounts back and I am able to complete downloads but like you the summary is correct but the transactions don't get downloaded other than the last couple of days. No one in C/S said this is a known problem or anything like that to me. Frustrated but trying to move on, I have spent many hours trying to solve this problem but it's not practical to manually enter the transactions.

• bmsbulk
    bmsbulk Member ✭✭
    Options

This issue has been troubling me for months. As suggested above, I deactivated EVERY Schwab account and within the General tab of the Account Details, I cleared both the Financial Institution and Account number fields.

Next, I authenticated for my first schwab user ID and added those accounts. At that point, everything looked the same. Next, I authenticated with my second user ID. Once those accounts connected, there were two schwab update lines.

Thanks for the suggestion!

This discussion has been closed.