Split transactions + tags not showing up in tag report (Q Mac)

Options
Okeemike
Okeemike Member ✭✭
edited July 2023 in Reports (Mac)

Good afternoon!

I've created a split transaction, and added a tag to one of the splits. I have a report that lists all the transactions for a given tag, but the tag that's in the split transaction doesn't show up.

If I add a tag in a 'normal' transaction, it shows up as expected.

Has anyone else experienced something similar? Is there a reason that split transactions would be treated differently?

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I'm not able to reproduce the problem you're describing. I created a transaction with a split, with one split line having a Tag of "ABC" and the other not having a tag:

Then I created a Transactions by Tag report for tag "ABC", and the tagged split displays correctly:

If I add a different tag to the other split line of the transaction, it shows up correctly in the Tags report as well.

Can you determine from my screen shots here what might be different in what I did and what you're doing?

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Okeemike
    Okeemike Member ✭✭
    Options

First of all, thanks for putting so much effort into this!

Secondly, I just deleted and removed the transaction, and now it works as it should.

I think (possibly) what the problem might have been was that the transaction was originally a transfer from Account A to Account B (it was a payment on my credit card). When I went to the Credit Card side of the transaction, and split the payment, I removed the [transfer] category when I added the tag. So perhaps something about that workflow messed things up? I tried to replicate it, but of course now I can't. So I'll just chalk it up to Gremlins or something.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Glad it's resolved. And yes, putting a category on a transfer transaction causes unexpected results in reports. The developers have previously said they will prevent this in the future, but so far nothing has happened.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.