My Vanguard accounts wont update automatically

Options

How do I get through the "new" system for vanguard? I used to have my accounts update automatically now they wont. I tried to get the new system to work and it give s me this error. How do I get this to work?

Also as a work around I downloaded what vanguard said was the Transaction files for quicken but it was the wrong file type. it was a OFX format not a QFX format? HELP!!!

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm not sure what you're referring to by " the 'new' system for vanguard. Is this in reference to something on Vanguard's end or something to do with Quicken. I have a couple of Vanguard Accounts in my file and they are and have been downloading with no particular problem.

The fact that you're getting the "It's not your fault" message suggests that the downloading method you're using is one or the flavors of Express Web Connect, but Vanguard fully supports Direct Connect so if the Account(s) are set up for EWC I'd suggest using DC instead.

I've never downloaded an OFX file from Vanguard (that's essentially Direct Connect using a different method of downloading, so if the Account(s) are set for EWC maybe that's the problem???) but I did so just now and opened it up and it certainly looks to be a standard OFX file that Quicken should be able to process. But I did notice that Vanguard's two choices for OFX files were "All funds to a single account" and "Each fund to a single account" so maybe you selected the wrong choice?

This discussion has been closed.