Options
DRW1
DRW1 Member ✭✭

why so slow?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Doing what? And what type of downloads are you doing?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• DRW1
    DRW1 Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken on pc. Download and installation of periodic updates goes on for “hours” most of the time.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @DRW1,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. Does this occur with all accounts? When did this issue begin to appear? After updating to a later release? If so, which update? Do you receive any error codes or messages?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• DRW1
    DRW1 Member ✭✭
    Options

Well, two problems actually: when I update regular bank and credit card accounts the program often TURNS OFF completely and I have to restart.

The problem I asked about is when the prompt indicates a "new version" of Quicken (Premier with Business and Rental) is available and I ask it to update and install, the green line indicating it is working stays there "forever". The day I first asked, it did not finish for over an hour and I just closed it. No error codes, no messages.

This started about the time that American Express and more importantly U. S. Bank changed their update, and U. S. Bank still will not connect for the account update (4 accounts and VISA).

This discussion has been closed.