Investment Account Value in Sidebar Wrong

Options
DonLL
DonLL Member

Hello,

I am running the subscription version of Quicken for Mac (7.1.1, which is the current version.) I manually entered the shares and values of a 401(k) account that does not automatically sync. After I did that, the value of the account in the sidebar is off by $1,337,600! Everything looks ok in the portfolio screen, but the sidebar is off by this ridiculous amount. Any suggestions why or how I fix it?

Thank you!

Don

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Click the three dot icon (…) at the top of the sidebar, then Sidebar Settings. See what the setting is for Displayed Balances (Today's, Projected, or Online). Try changing that and see if it resolves.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • DonLL
    DonLL Member
    Options

Good thought, RickO but that did not help. It only changed the one account (checking) with a projected balance. Thanks, though!

Don

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

The Portfolio screen right now (on Sunday) is showing you the value as of close of market Friday. If you have any transactions dated Saturday or today, they will be added to the value in the sidebar but not the Portfolio window.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I'm confused about what you report seeing. In the Portfolio, do you have the "as of" date set to today? And the filters set to show "Portfolio Value" and "By Security"? You should see the same total value in three places: the upper right, the total of the securities, and the left sidebar:

Are you saying the Market Value as of 6/30 in the upper right agrees with the Market Values column Totals below, but that value is off by over a million from what is shown in the left sidebar?

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Another question: Do you have any foreign currency accounts? Do you have the Region United States in Language & Region in macOS Settings, or made any changes to the number format there?

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • DonLL
    DonLL Member
    Options

Ok—Let me try to respond to each of the questions posed above; I really appreciate the support!

-I have no transactions posted for the future; even if I did they would be far less than $1M! 😀

-As of dates are as of Friday 6/30/2023. Here is a picture of the error:

As you can see, that is a $1.3M+ error! 🤣

-No foreign currency accounts.

One would think that the sidebar pulls data from the total portfolio value field shown but somehow an error is creeping in. Oh, and it only started AFTER I edited the amounts in the share price and number of shares. (Which I have done before as those do not sync from my account (that I can see) so I periodically go in and correct.) The $149,556 matches what my account shows on the website; where the inflated number comes from is a mystery.

Thanks again!

Don

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

What happens if you change the Portfolio date to today?

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• DonLL
    DonLL Member
    Options

Thanks, Jon. That showed me an error of 88,000 shares as of today, which happened when I fat-fingered the number of shares. However, I am having trouble adjusting it and it does not appear I can delete a transaction but at least I found the root cause (ME!)

Thanks again, all.

Don

• DonLL
    DonLL Member
    Options

Update. Instead of trying to adjust the shares as of Friday, I did it as of July 1 and all is right with the world. Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.