Remove Hidden Payees (Q Mac)

Options
Robert Lynch
Robert Lynch Member ✭✭

Is it possible within budget to exclude the payees that are selected a hidden to NOT populate within the budget?

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

No, there isn't.

That "hidden" option in the Payee list is to keep those payees from showing up in Quick Fill/renaming lists. It does not redact them from existing registers and reports such as budgets.

• Robert Lynch
    Robert Lynch Member ✭✭
    Options

is there a way to request this as a feature?

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Can you explain the use case? Hiding a Payee is intended for a Payee you've used in the past but no longer use and want to see in a Payee pop-up list. If transactions for a specific Payee are showing up in your budget actuals, and therefore in your current register(s), why would you have that Payee hidden?

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Robert Lynch
    Robert Lynch Member ✭✭
    Options

what I’m trying to do is exclude just the payee on the monthly interest in my savings accounts.
    I need to have the accounts in budgets since I utilize that money for budgets as well.
    alao my budgets are only set up for top level to avoiding having the long string of sun categories.
    and the category interest is a sub in, I need the others in that category

• jacobs
    Options

I'm not sure I understand why you want to exclude interest income in savings accounts from your budget. Fro m what you describe, you don't use subcategories in your budget, but why not do so for just this one category, so you can exclude the interest sub-category?

Another alternative might be to create an additional Interest income category. then create a scheduled transaction for the last day of every month using this alternate interest category. When the bank transaction for interest downloads, it should auto-match to your scheduled transaction, or you can drag one atop the other to merge them — thus recording the interest from this account(s) using your alternate income category, which you'd exclude from your budget.

• Robert Lynch
    Robert Lynch Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion Jacobs. This will not work, due to the top level category having many sub categories. What I will do is make a new top category and move interest income to it and exclude that entire top/sub categories in the budget.

• jacobs
    Options

Yup, that sounds like it'll work! I'm still not sure I understand why you wouldn't want interest income in a non-retirement account to be included in your budget, but I'm glad you found a way to get it to fit your needs. 😀

This discussion has been closed.