Budget Issue

Options
JTClark
JTClark Member ✭✭

I’ve been a Quicken user for a very long time and I’ve found the budget to be undependable, but with frequent backups it does work. Recently I noticed that when I look at my 2023 budget, there is also a selection for a 2022 budget which I do not have. The message when I try to open the 2022 budget is “You have not selected any categories for your budget “2023 JTC Budget”. A drop-down is titled “Select categories to budget”. I already have a so-named 2023 JTC Budget that I use every day and all the accounts are properly budgeted. I would like to delete this phantom 2022 budget. Any help in resolving this would be greatly appreciated.

Tagged:

Answers

• JLP1976
    JLP1976 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@JTClark I had not notice this before, but I see the same thing. I selected the 2022 budget and got the notice about selecting categories. I went to the Budget Actions drop down at the upper right and selected "Delete this budget." That worked for me.

• JTClark
    JTClark Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for trying to help me. If I go into the Budget Actions drop down I can only delete my current budget, 2023, which is working fine. I'm not very impressed with Quicken's budget so I'm just going to ignore this strangeness. Again, thanks for trying.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Do you have multiple separate budget tables for each year? Like "2022 Budget", "2023 Budget", etc.

Did you know that a single budget table can cover multiple years, retain a prior years' history and be easily extended into the next year?
    To switch years, all you need to do is to click the < or > buttons next to the year field. Here's an image of my multi-year budget table. One of the buttons to switch years is highlighted. The dialog to extend the budget table into next year is shown.

Of course, you may want to rename your budget table and remove the year portion from the table name …

• amt606
    amt606 Member
    Options

I am having the same problem with my budget numbers.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    How do I post a screenshot in the community from windows

How do I post a screenshot in the community from a mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

This discussion has been closed.