Why is there a difference in the price quoted for ETF's as a result of One-Step-Update (OSU) or Get

Options
Michael 49
Michael 49 Member ✭✭✭

Why is there a difference in the price quoted for ETF's as a result of One-Step-Update (OSU) or Get-Historical-Prices (GHP)?

Quicken Deluxe - version R50.9 Build 27.1.50.9; edition Canada; Windows 11 Home
Browser: Firefox version 114.0 (64-bit)
Windows 11 Home Version: 21H2

Originally posted similar question 16Mar23 (

) but discussion is closed and do not know how to re-open. A broken ankle then a parent in hospice care prevented staying up-to-date replying. Will try to do better here, but already, my example is a week old. My apologies in advance.

After OSU, often see ETF's Price and Volume in Price History with values but High/Low set to 0. (Note: series of entries done 27Jun23 around 08:30PDT)

.However, if the item is deleted and GHP is run, the item is updated

But if OSU is run again before a sale is made today, old data is displayed

After a sale is made today, the values recorded by GHP REMAINS

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I did not explore all the details of your example, but generally quotes that include high, low, and volume came from Quicken's quote provider and those that do not include the additional data came from your brokerage.

In addition, if quote data is already in the price history for a date, this chart

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-update-security-prices

determines whether or not new data replaces it.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Michael 49
    Michael 49 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Your explanation and the quote hierarchy in the link you provided doesn't explain the last examples.

This discussion has been closed.