How much did I spend on report

Options
Kai63
Kai63 Member ✭✭
edited August 2023 in Reports (Mac)

I’ve been using Quicken for windows and have recently switched to Mac. I like to use the “How much did I spend on …” report. I don’t see it on the Mac version. Is it there and called something else? If not there is there a similar report?

Tagged:

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

It sounds like you're asking how much you spent on a certain category (eg. Dining). The fastest way to this answer in QMac is to right-click on any transaction that uses that category. You will see and option "Report on Dining". That will show you every transaction for that category. You can click the Edit button to change the timeframe if you want to see a reduced time window. You can also click the Time popup menu if you want it grouped by Account, Payee or Tag.

Similarly, if you want to know how much you spent at a Payee, there's another option "Report on MacDonald's" (for example) if you right click on any transaction with Payee MacDonald's. And also, same for a Tag if the transaction you right-click on has any tags.

Another way to get to these answers is to create (using the Reports screen) a Transaction or Summary report. But then you have to edit the Categories, Payees and/or Tags to be included since these reports include all Categories, Payees and Tags by default.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Another way to get to these answers is to create (using the Reports screen) a Transaction or Summary report. But then you have to edit the Categories, Payees and/or Tags to be included since these reports include all Categories, Payees and Tags by default.

There's a faster oway to generate some simple reports like this, and it sounds like it may be similar to what you're used to from Quicken Windows (which I've never used). Click on Reports in the top menu bar area, and on the bottom of the left-side panel of report options, select "EasyAnswer":

So if you wanted to see where all your spending was spread out so far this year, select the "Where did I spend my money" "Year to Date". If you want to see how much you spent on a specific category last month, use "How much did I spend" "Last Month" on "Groceries". As indicated by the little icons and descriptions there are all just pre-set versions of reports you can build yourself, with more criteria, as @RickO mentioned above.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.