How to Move Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property version to New Computer

Options
RDK45
RDK45 Member

I have used Quicken f0r many years and "upgraded" to the subscription service several years ago. My original version was: Home, Business & Rental Property

When I look a the "About" information it still shows that version but also the following: Version R50.16 / Build 27.1.50.16

I'm running Windows 10 Pro on a Dell laptop and will soon be moving to a new Dell laptop. What is the correct way to get my version of Quicken on the new computer.

Note, when I look at the Quicken Downloads for Windows I do not see "Home, Business & Rental Property" as a version option.

Thanks…. RDK

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@RDK45 - With Subscription there is only 1 Quicken software. The edition (Starter, Deluxe, Premier Home & Business) you buy determines which features are turned on or off in your installation of Quicken and which one shows up in your online Quicken.com account and in Help > About Quicken. You will never see anything other than "Quicken" software for downloading now.

Also, the version (Version R50.16 / Build 27.1.50.16) is the same for all editions because it is all the same software.

If you still have a subscription for Home & Business then when you download and install Quicken on your new computer it will be automatically set up with Home & Business. There is nothing special you need to do regarding this. Just download Quicken from your Quicken.com account or from https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-download-quicken-quickencom-after-i-buy-it .

And if you still have a current subscription you do not need to buy another subscription for your new computer. The subscription gives you the right to install Quicken on as many different computers as you wish without additional cost.

Regarding the moving of data files between computers, if you have not already done so you might want to read the following Support Article: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-move-my-quicken-data-file-one-computer-another

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You can download the program onto the laptop by signing into your Quicken account at Quicken.com and clicking on "Access Your Apps." Then simply copy your Quicken QDF data file from the old laptop to the new laptop, putting the file in the "Quicken" folder under the Windows "Documents" folders.

If you're not going to be hanging on to the old laptop then it would be a good idea to also copy all the data file backups from the "Backups" folder in the Quicken folder from the old to the new machine.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@RDK45 - With Subscription there is only 1 Quicken software. The edition (Starter, Deluxe, Premier Home & Business) you buy determines which features are turned on or off in your installation of Quicken and which one shows up in your online Quicken.com account and in Help > About Quicken. You will never see anything other than "Quicken" software for downloading now.

Also, the version (Version R50.16 / Build 27.1.50.16) is the same for all editions because it is all the same software.

If you still have a subscription for Home & Business then when you download and install Quicken on your new computer it will be automatically set up with Home & Business. There is nothing special you need to do regarding this. Just download Quicken from your Quicken.com account or from https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-download-quicken-quickencom-after-i-buy-it .

And if you still have a current subscription you do not need to buy another subscription for your new computer. The subscription gives you the right to install Quicken on as many different computers as you wish without additional cost.

Regarding the moving of data files between computers, if you have not already done so you might want to read the following Support Article: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-move-my-quicken-data-file-one-computer-another

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• RDK45
    RDK45 Member
    Options

Many thanks to both responders. I won't get that new Laptop for another couple weeks. But now, I think, I'm prepared for this program….RDK

This discussion has been closed.