Updating hidden account credentials - small bug (Q Mac)

Options

I was preforming an update on quicken for Mac (7.1.1). I had an account hat was hidden in my account list that required an update to the password. When I supplied the correct password, the dialog box to add/link the account did not include the account in the list. It required me to back out, unhide the account, and then update again. I think it's a minor bug that accounts hidden from display are not able to be selected in the link dialog box. Hope this makes sense.

Im posting here because I could not find a different method of supplying this type of feedback.

Comments

• John Templeton
    John Templeton Member ✭✭
    Options

is there a more appropriate way to report a bug?

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited July 2023
    Options

@John Templeton You can report bugs in the Quicken program by pulling down the Help menu to Report a Problem. Provide a clear description, and optionally, screenshot(s) to illustrate what you're describing.

If I'm understanding correctly, this sounds like it's not really a bug, but a suggestion/request for making it easier to update the connection for a hidden account. Our of curiosity, why do you have an account marked as hidden if it's active and receiving downloaded transactions? I've only got accounts marked hidden when they're closed and I'm truly done with them except for historical data purposes.

In any case, I believe there was a comment from the developers which indicated they plan to allow re-linking a hidden account for downloads without unhiding it first, so a change along the lines of what you're seeking may be in the works for an upcoming release.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • John Templeton
    John Templeton Member ✭✭
    Options

@jacobs its just my personal preference. I have several credit cards I don't close, don't use, but I continue to download in case they do get used (either accidentally or through fraud). I like to hide them from my account list so I only see the few accounts that I actively use, jsut to reduce visual clutter. When they're hidden and a transaction comes through, I still see the transaction as a new transaction in the "all transactions" menu.

Also, I see this was fixed in a recent release. thanks!

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Yes, the developers added this in the 7.2 release. I worry that for everyone this helps like you, it will end up confusing someone else who hides an account and doesn't realize it's still getting new transactions. But the developers see it your way, so you're in luck! 😀

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • John Templeton
    John Templeton Member ✭✭
    Options

I see your point, although this does not change the fact that a hidden account can receive transactions, thats always been the case.

This discussion has been closed.