Importing transactions

Options
dgtobin1
dgtobin1 Member

Dear Community,

My bank (SoFi) doesn't currently connect with Quicken, so I need to export data, convert it to a QIF file, and manually import the transactions. This works, but unfortunately the transactions are automatically entered into the register, even though that option is unchecked in the Edit menu. I want the opportunity to review the downloaded data first so that I can merge duplicates, correct errors, etc. Using chat support, a Quicken representative told me this wasn't possible.

Does anyone have any other ideas or know a way to get around this problem? How do we get this corrected in future versions of Quicken?

Dan

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Perhaps a better work flow for you would be to first import the QIF formatted data to a temporary account, review the transactions there, and then move as applicable to the real account.

I don’t foresee any changes to the QIF import process happening anytime.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken Subscription removed the ability to review the transactions in any way, they just go into the account, unlike was possible in Quicken 2017 and below. The best idea would be to convert to a QFX file and import that.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.