Investment Performance Report should show total IRR when subtotaling

Options
Jim_Harman
Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2023 in Reports

The Investment Performance Report allows subtotaling by time period, Account, Security, etc.

When subtotals are disabled by selecting "Don't subtotal", the report shows the total Average Annual Return (IRR) for the selected accounts and securities, but when the subtotals are enabled, only the IRR for each group is shown in the report. To see the total IRR, you must enable the graph and hover over the end of the Total IRR line or re-run the report with subtotaling disabled.

It would be a nice improvement and more convenient if the report always showed the total IRR at the end, after any subtotals.

QWin Premier subscription
9 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'd vote this up, but I already did that. Really should be implemented. The idea that subtotals are done and shown certainly implies that there is also a total. Is I have noted elsewhere, there need not be a re-tabulation of the transactions associated with the Total and I believe users with any level of financial intelligence would understand that the Total is not a simple sum of the subtotals.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This has been implemented in R54.9.

Thanks, Quicken!

QWin Premier subscription