Reconciliation Handwritten Check

Options
Bruce Miller
Bruce Miller Member ✭✭

Something new and not wanted. When I select the option to create a handwritten check and then want to change the date, a complex screen now appears about automatic payments and what I must do to change the date. I only want to post the payment in my credit card account and have it post as a future check on the date due. This process was simple a few months ago.

Tagged:

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Did you save this transaction as an online payment instead of a paper check?
    Look in your register, Check # column. Did you record the actual check number of the paper check or is the entry marked "Pay" or something else?

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I tried to reproduce this in R50.16 and could not. Can you show us a screen shot of the "complex screen", @Bruce Miller ?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Bruce Miller
    Bruce Miller Member ✭✭
    Options

Sorry, no.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please elaborate.
    We cannot try to help you if we do not have enough detailed information.
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, meaning the transaction in the account register and/or the view you were working in when the problem occurred, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    How do I post a screenshot in the community from windows

How do I post a screenshot in the community from a mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• Bruce Miller
    Bruce Miller Member ✭✭
    Options

Here is the sequence leading to the complex screen. See attached file.

At the end of a credit card reconciliation, 1st screen shot of electing to create a hand written check.

Yes enters screen shot 2 into the checking account.

Thanks.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have seen that from time to time as well. It's a bug since there is no online payment involved. Just click OK and the date will be changed as specified.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.