PNC VISA only wants to link to Checking accounts

Options
dchitwood
dchitwood Member ✭✭

I have a PNC account with Virtual Wallet (Checking/Savings) & 2 VISA accounts. All but one of the VISA accounts is linking up to the existing accounts in Quicken. The remaining PNC VISA (Cash Rewards) is only linking up to the Checking/Saving accounts. I'm using the newly updated "PNC - Web Connect". The Type is reporting as Checking on the "Add Account" dialog after connecting to PNC.

I've tried deactivating all the PNC accounts from Online setup. I've adding the one VISA account by itself & with all the other accounts. It's the same result.

It seems like Quicken could allow a user to pick the account.

After trying this on & off for a few weeks, I'm desperate enough to add it as a new account which I assume would be Checking & not Credit. I then just need a means to move over years of transactions to merge it.

Any help?

Tagged:

Comments

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I've had something similar happen to me before. In my case I also found that the errant account match which would not let me select the correct Link to… action also had an incorrect Type and/or Nickname in Quicken. For me, I was able to click in the incorrect Type and/or Nickname to correct those. Once those were corrected Quicken then allowed me to select the correct Link to… action. If you are seeing and incorrect Type and/or Nickname you might want to try doing what I did to see if that helps to resolve your issue.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• dchitwood
    dchitwood Member ✭✭
    Options

The "Type" field is not editable for me. The only option is the Action column which appears to filter the linkable accounts by the Type.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just so I understand correctly:

1. The Type field when doing Add Account or Set Up Now shows the incorrect account type?
    2. In the Action column you are able to select the correct account in Quicken to Link it to?
    3. On the General tab of Account Details for that account, what does it show for "Type" there?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.