New Price not showing up after using "Price History"

Options
QuickPeter
QuickPeter Member ✭✭✭
edited August 2023 in Investing (Mac)

For the first time since I started using Quicken, when I enter a new price for a share in "Securities", "Price History", it's not showing up when I click "Portfolio"(Dashboard/Portfolio/Transactions).

I just see the old price. What's going on?

I've got another problem regarding Removing Shares. It's also not showing up when I make the change (might be a related issue). But I'll post separately on that when I solve my Price problem.

Thanks, QuickPeter

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

When you return to Price History for the security, is the price you entered manually still there (e.g. it was actually recorded)? On the correct date?

In your Portfolio view, are you sure you've set the As Of date to the date or the security price change or later? Try changing to some date in the past and then changing back to today's date.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • QuickPeter
    QuickPeter Member ✭✭✭
    Options

jacobs, great to hear from you again.

Yes, the price was still there and the date looked ok, 07/12/2023

In the Portfolio view, I clicked on the little calendar in the As of date, and the date looked ok 12/07/23 (English format I know, but that's ok I think)

When I came out of the calendar, it seems that the new price had now registered.

I put another price in just now, at close of business today, and it accepted it!

So everything seems to be working. Thanks again for your interest and support.

QuickPeter

This discussion has been closed.