OSU fails completely on one of my two Quicken files, though it continues to work on the other.

Options

I recently restored a saved older version of the file to check a different issue, then moved back to the current version. Since that time OSU has never worked at all with that file, though it still works fine with others. Hoping for a quick log or registry fix…. Help?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Elaborate upon what happens

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Boudinot
    Boudinot Member
    Options

Tools → One Step Update… → Enter Vault Password → Update Now. I get the first screen for a couple seconds, the second for about one second, the third for a few seconds, then it goes away. Only Fidelity updates; nothing happens to the others. One Step Update Summary shows Fidelity just updated but all others show the last successful OSU date as 6/29/2023. Switching to another Quicken file I OSU works fine - it's just with this file.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Where is the problem file stored?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Boudinot
    Boudinot Member
    Options

The file with an issue and the one that works fine are side by side in the same location: C:\Users\<username>\OneDrive\<filename>

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

yeah One Drive is known to have problems. Try moving your file to the Hard Drive C:drive under Documents in a Quicken folder.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Boudinot
    Boudinot Member
    Options

Moved file to C:\Documents\Quicken - same result, no OSU

This discussion has been closed.