Post Mutual Fund Class Conversion - Investing Returns Wrong

TerrenceT
TerrenceT Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
edited August 2023 in Investing (Windows)

I have had one mutual fund in a 401K for 17 years. End of June was a class conversion. Before the conversion I checked the investment returns of the initial class fund over the 1y, 3y 5y time frames. It reports: 16.4, 18.5, 10.7 as the % returns for those years (yay!).

I then entered a new transaction in that account using the Mutual fund conversion tool.

After conversion, I went to the security view and updated historical prices for the new fund class (max 5y only). Then I went to check the investment return over 1y, 3y, 5y:
19.5, 19.5, 19.5.

Before I did the MF conversion, I verified the fund was not using the average cost method.
How can I get a conversion that retains the historical returns?

Thanks for the help

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

When measuring performance and there is a Mutual Fund Conversionyou should include both the old and new funds in the analysis,

QWin Premier subscription
  • TerrenceT
    TerrenceT Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I'm confused by your reply - I "measure" performance by going to the Quicken → Investing tab. Before mutual fund conversion, I have MF class X that appears in the Investing tab showing performace noted. After MF conversion, I no longer have MF class X since it is converted to MF class Y. So I only see MF class Y performance - and it doesn't match historical perf of class X.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023

For a period that includes a Mutual Fund Conversion, select both funds in the Portfolio view or Investment Performance report and look at the combined performance.

QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.