Difference between the investment market values (Quicken Canada R50.9)

Options
sergeduquette
sergeduquette Member ✭✭
edited September 2023 in All Things Canadian (Windows)

This security is priced in canadian dollar

Best Answer

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Having used Quicken for decades it has always seemed to me that numbers that should be identical between two screens/reports/whatever sometimes aren't, which suggests the two numbers aren't coming from the same place, or, if the numbers are calculated "on the fly", there's something wrong in one or the other calculations.

I guess the first thing I'd try here is to do Ctrl-z in the Account to force a recalculation of the securities, close Quicken, open it again, and hope that fixes it.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Having used Quicken for decades it has always seemed to me that numbers that should be identical between two screens/reports/whatever sometimes aren't, which suggests the two numbers aren't coming from the same place, or, if the numbers are calculated "on the fly", there's something wrong in one or the other calculations.

I guess the first thing I'd try here is to do Ctrl-z in the Account to force a recalculation of the securities, close Quicken, open it again, and hope that fixes it.

• QWinUser
    QWinUser Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

It is odd that the two screens are different, but the "clock" icon in the Account Overview screen means that the price has not yet updated for 7/14/23.

• sergeduquette
    sergeduquette Member ✭✭
    Options

Ctrl + Z solved the issue. Always something to learn ! But, there should be no discrepancies like that, I rely on the Account Bar figures. Thanks

• sergeduquette
    sergeduquette Member ✭✭
    Options

I searched the online help in Quicken to find this solution in case the problem reoccurred. However, I only see the "Undo" for Ctrl+Z in the Quicken help (I'm using Windows keyboard shortcuts). It worked for my problem, but I'm not sure what I did.

This discussion has been closed.