reconcile window: Display "hide \ show" button for cleared transactions

Options
rich
rich Member ✭✭✭
edited October 2023 in Product Enhancements

as the above shows, a checking account's register window has an option to hide accepted transactions, but the same account's reconciliation window has no such option for cleared transactions. Quite often, I have over 100 transactions when reconciling; the ability to show \ hide transactions that I have cleared would make it much easier to reconcile (since I wouldn't always have to look at all transactions).

Tagged:
1 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• rich
    rich Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Anyone agree with my above idea ? If so, pls vote. If not, im curious why.

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not voting.

All the green checkmarks are the cleared transactions. To hide them would be counter to the whole reconciliation concept which, in my mind, is to know and show what you are doing and have checked off.

To hide accepted transactions in the download process versus hiding the cleared transactions in a reconciliation process is an apples-to-oranges comparison. There is no provision for 'unaccepting' an accepted downloaded transaction. The 'cleared' (checkmarked) transactions can be readily uncleared (unchecked).

To have that option would cause more questions and grief (IMO) than it would alleviate.

• rich
    rich Member ✭✭✭
    Options

q_lurker - do you like that a checking account's register window has an option to hide \ show accepted transactions ? If not, why ? i like having user options.

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You asked why I did not agree with your idea. I answered that question. Not interested in further debate on the topic.