Ameriprise Financial does not show up as an option in my "Search For Institutions"

Options
Bull56
Bull56 Member ✭✭

In my windows version R50.16 Ameriprise Financial does not show up as an option when I try to add the account. I have looked at others questions and it appears that they had it. Has it been excluded in my version? How would I connect to Ameriprise Financial?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

You do not see these 4 Ameriprise options?

If your account is a standard brokerage account with Ameriprise, then you should be able to set up online services with it via the Ameriprise Brokerage 133 Direct link.

Are you able to connect with this one?

If not, what type of account do you have with Ameriprise?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options

You do not see these 4 Ameriprise options?

If your account is a standard brokerage account with Ameriprise, then you should be able to set up online services with it via the Ameriprise Brokerage 133 Direct link.

Are you able to connect with this one?

If not, what type of account do you have with Ameriprise?

• Bull56
    Bull56 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you. That worked. I tried the Web connect and it didn't work. Thanks for the help.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

You are welcome. BTW, Web Connect is a connection process whereby you log into your online account at the financial institution and manually download transactions/account information from there in .QFX (or "Quicken" or "Web Connect") format. Once downloaded to your computer you then manually import that file into Quicken. It cannot be used to download directly into Quicken from within Quicken. Some people prefer to do Web Connect instead of letting Quicken make the connection and do the downloads for them.

Direct Connect is another connection method that will allow Quicken to make the connection and do the downloads. For Quicken to do the downloads for your, Direct Connect is usually the required connection method.

There is a newer connection method that some brokerages are starting to use for investment accounts downloads called Express Web Connect+. But most brokerages still require the use of Direct Connect.

You can read more about the various ways in which Quicken connects with Financial Institutions in the following Support Article: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank .

This discussion has been closed.