One Step Update problem

Options
samuel3
samuel3 Member ✭✭

Quicken for Windows has worked great for years, but for about a month won't download transactions from Chase or USAA. Fidelity seems to work. No error messages and the he process appears normal , but no transactions.

Two weeks ago Quicken told me it was their problem and working on a resolution with those banks. Called again today and same response. "So there is nothing for me to do but wait?". The answer was-'Yes"

Has anyone else had this problem and is there anything else I can do? It's getting very frustrating. If this problem is widespread we should hear something from Quicken.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I download several Chase credit cards. What type of accounts do you have with Chase?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• samuel3
    samuel3 Member ✭✭
    Options

Credit cards

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

When you do TOOLS, Account List … what shows in the "Transaction Download" column next to your Chase cards? What's in the "Last Download" column?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• samuel3
    samuel3 Member ✭✭
    Options

All of the credit cards say - Yes (Web Express Connect)

I am able to download only from Fidelity. All others ( Chase, USAA, AmEx, etc) fail to download.

Sorry for slow response.

• jsen215
    jsen215 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

I am having the same problem - Bank of America and Chase accounts do not download - but Fidelity Accounts do. Last download date was July 20th.

Update: I went and reset the account and it was able to download. I did that just for the BoA. Last time I did this with the Chase accounts, it was a complete mess. Had to restore from backups.

Have we ever gone 1 month without having a quicken issue ?? 😫

• RGerardi
    RGerardi Member ✭✭
    Options

when i try a one step update for USAA i get error message OL-301-A. Quicken over the phone was no help they sent me here. I find no one else with this exact error message. This has been stuck for weeks.

• samuel3
    samuel3 Member ✭✭
    Options

Finally have a resolution! I contacted Support yesterday and this was the process.

1)Make a backup copy of my quicken Data 2) Validate that copy 3)Tools-Add Account 4) Add back every account.

Be sure to add the downloads to your already existing accounts and not create new ones. This was pre-selected for most, but not all, accounts. I have added back my major accounts without any problems. Still working on a few minor ones. Lots of work!!

Good Luck.

• Windyhill
    Windyhill Member ✭✭
    Options

I also have a problem downloading and this includes banks, credit cards, and investment quotes. I go to one step update, enter the vault passcode, click update now and I am then logged off of Quicken.

• FranktoadFromSPlains
    Options

I've been having similar issues, all related to any online updating of accounts. I have Chase (Checking, Investment, Credit Cards), PayPal (Credit, Checkings, and Investment) as well as Capital One (Credit), as well as a smaller Credit Union account linked.

Each time I attempt to update any or all I get this screen:

it freezes here and then I have to task manager force close it. I have not experienced similar errors on the Mac version, but the mac version is significantly lacking in features (Debt Pay-off, user friendly budget manager, the list goes on). I am going to attempt to delete and update the accounts, and will update with results.

• Brad2
    Brad2 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I've been having an issue since the last update:

Everyday I get this message. I delete the bank, re-set it up and it works…but then the next day the same issue happens with a different bank. PLEASE HELP!!!

This discussion has been closed.