Discover Credit Card - can not automatic download the transaction

Options
jjonly
jjonly Member

the connections is set up okay but somehow quicken can not download the transaction.

online balance looks okay and correct

but

ending balance can not be updated due to the inability to download the transaction i guess.

It looks like i HAVE TO DEACTIVATE the account from quicken and add new account again and linke the connection to the existing discover card account……have to do this for every single transaction ? must be something wrong in between quicken and discover card.

also discover card did not support the format to download transaction mannually into the Quicken (only can download pdf, excel and csv file format)

any other good idea to fix the problem, THANKS

quicken user 7/18/2023

Comments

• mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I've noticed the same thing. OSU connects just fine, says everything is fine, but refuses to download any transactions for the last month. Only "fix" is to deactivate and re-activate (at least for me). No idea why.

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have, and haven't had, no issues downloading transactions from Discover credit card. But bank servers are not infallible. If it's a load balancer issue, simply trying again may take you to a different, and working, access node…but maybe not. If your access point had to update software, or other problems, the easy fix is to deactivate and then reactivate. It takes 60 seconds. You should be good going forward.

• mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I've got a feeling it's related to this (my timeline seems about right and I'm getting the CC-501 as well just like everyone else who applied the Quicken updates):

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Discover Card and Discover Bank are two different sites. Which one are you having difficulty with?

• BobSnipes
    BobSnipes Member ✭✭
    Options

I've been getting cc-501 messages when I try to reactivate my Discover card OTU, with a message from Quicken to wait a few hours and try again. I've done that twice now, but no resolution yet.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question, though we apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.