Discover Bank

Options

Why am I have a problem with download Discover bank activities?

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @ddavisky,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What is your connection method with Discover Bank? You can see the connection method by navigating to Tools > Account List. What exactly is the issue that you are experiencing? Are you receiving any error codes or messages? How long has this issue been occurring?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• lpa
    lpa Windows Beta Beta
    Options

I am also having an issue with Discover Bank My Account doesn't even show the Online tab in the Account details. If I try adding the account by tools/add account/new account. Discover Bank is an option but produces an error: Sign into Discover Bank failed. Tr again. This issue started on May 30th.

• wgrounds
    wgrounds Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

I am also having a problem connecting to Discover to download transactions. When I try to set it up, I get the attached message. This has been going on for at least 4 weeks now. I have verified that the user ID and password I'm using is correct.

[Removed - Disruptive]

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• George Agich
    George Agich Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken, when will this be fixed. It's hard to believe that it's taking so long to fix this problem with so many users affected.
  • Martin23
    Martin23 Member
    Options

I can download/connect to my Discover Card and accounts find without any issues. I can download/connect to 3 Discover Bank accounts without any issues(Money Market, savings, CD). But I have 5 other Discover Bank accounts that I cannot setup/activate online. I keep getting an error that says: Sign In failed due to time out or connection issue. Three of these where previously working before trying to add two new accounts(IRA and Money Market).

• georgerose
    georgerose Member ✭✭
    Options

Same problems here!

• csvrcek
    csvrcek Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken Team

How far up the chain has this issue be escalated? This is seriously extremely frustrating…. 14+ days and counting…. how long does it take to resolve a tech interface issue with a major financial institution?

Since the tool isn't 100% functional, will we be receiving a credit against our annual subscription?

What additional information, if any, can we provide to help resolve this interface issue?

Thanks

• shutterbug613
    shutterbug613 Member ✭✭
    Options

I am able to download my Discover Card transactions. However, when I tried to add a new Discover Bank account, Quicken wouldn't connect to Discover Bank. I then lost the ability to download any of my Discover Bank. Below are the screenshots of what I get whenever I try to activate any of the Discover Bank accounts. The Account List shows all the Discover Bank accounts are Express Web Connect for transaction download type.

When will this be fixed? It is crazy it is taking this long to resolve an issue with an entity like Discover Bank.

• George Agich
    George Agich Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This the same problem I'm having with Discover Checking account.

• needhelp
    needhelp Member ✭✭
    Options

Hey Quicken….can you please give us an update? This is becoming a problem.

• kEviN1965
    kEviN1965 Member
    Options

Same issue here!

• Jerry Thompson
    Jerry Thompson Member ✭✭
    Options

I must say that I agree with the complaints being documented regarding response time to fix this issue with Discover Bank institution accounts. It has been at least 3 weeks now since Quicken has become aware of this problem. This failure is easy enough to duplicate. Simply attempt to add an account from the tools drop down and type Discover Bank as the institution. The required sign-in to verify accounts always fails. This problem primarily is affecting Bank accounts. Credit cards are affected also if attempting to set up through Discover Bank rather than Discover Card which still uses Express Web Connect. I am getting frustrated with manual account updates. If support is reading this comment, please push to get this account update issue moving forward. There should at least be some update posted regarding progress so users can know this problem is at least receiving attention.

• Glen Raggio
    Glen Raggio Member ✭✭✭
    Options

My Discover card was compromised. New card received. Deactivated the old card/connection, I think it was direct connect. Inserted the new card info and OSU. I also got the CC-501 error just as the screen shots above for several attempts. I decided to approach it a different. From the error message dialog box I went "back" it brought up the FI lists. Discover dialed up and searched for account and linked to the appropriate account. Connection is now Express Web Connect. Everything is OK

• Brightmage
    Brightmage Member
    Options

Same problem as described above. Can not connect to Discover Bank. Side note. Account details have been removed (Account number and routing number) and will not save it re-entered.

• Brian31404
    Brian31404 Member
    Options

Same problem as above. Is there an expected resolution date?

• Richard Kutnick
    Richard Kutnick Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I am experiencing the same timeout from Discover Bank, as well. Discover Card works, though. I had to re-link ALL of my accounts in order to download via One Step Update, and all of the re-linking worked, save for Discover Bank! I also believe that this should be escalated to the highest level, as we are paying for a service that we are not receiving. I find it hard to believe that this issue was not resolved within AT LEAST several days. The last time Discover Bank One Step Updates worked for me was on June 12, 2023.

• mertenj
    mertenj Member ✭✭
    Options

Is there a workaround for this issue?

• robertjacobs0
    Options

Having the same problem. It's outrageous that it has been continuing for so long without being resolved. Quicken should find some technically competent engineer to fix this and grant at least partial refunds of our subscription costs..

• Richard Kutnick
    Options

A discussion on the Quicken Support Web site lead to a suggestion to rollback to a previous version of Quicken that DOES work correctly. The update is from May 2023. I tested it myself, and it worked for me, so give it a try. Also, is there a way we can prevent Quicken from auto-updating WITHOUT having to set Windows UAC (as I like to have the system let me choose what to allow and not allow)? After rolling back and One-Step Updating, Quicken let me know that a newer version was available, but I did NOT allow it to update. This is what I prefer—a CHOICE! HOwever, sometimes when I run Quicken it does auto-update—WHY??!!

• Richard Kutnick
    Options

So here is the URL rollback: https://assistant.quicken.com/patch/QW27.1.49.29MPatch.EXE

• Bruce Kantor
    Bruce Kantor Member ✭✭
    Options

Where do we get the older version, what is the version number? Also, how do we perform the roll back once we download the older version? Thank you.

• Bruce Kantor
    Bruce Kantor Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you for the URL. Is at simple as running the executable to roll-back to the older version? And, are there any issues using QDF file from a new version, or must I use a backup QDF file that is equal to or older than the older version? Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.