Discover Bank

Options

Answers

• mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

So after an other 10 minutes, apparently the Community Alert (again, according to Quicken Tech support) is ONLY for Discover Bank connections "failing to login". ALL OTHER Discover issues are not "known" and shouldn't be referred to the Community Alert.

Also, apparently deactivate/reactivate doesn't always work (depending on when the account was initially setup) due to the fact that the Quicken servers have updated/changed the URL/destination endpoints for Discover. So if you get a CC-501 error for your credit cards, don't do a setup online (for some reason that is different), if you deactivated. Rather, go to Tools → Add Account and click Discover, so that it uses Discovercard.com and at the least, it'll add the credit cards. Maybe.

Also, if you want a credit for the 2 months ongoing with the Discover BANK issue, customer service cannot do this. You need to spend an hour+ with tech support while they claim they don't know anything and then eventually realize what's going on and then will issue an extension.

• BereanPK
    BereanPK Member ✭✭
    Options

@mjonis After I did the rollback to R49.29 a few weeks ago, I have been able to get Discover Bank (checking & savings) and Discover credit card downloads with no errors.

As far as I am concerned, I'm sticking with R49.29 and rejecting all update attempts by the software, until Quicken officially announces that they have fixed this issue AND that several here have tried some future update/fix with success.

• mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Agreed. Although tech support refused to believe this was due to the patch and rolling back would work, and they refused to assist until I updated to the latest release.

• Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I too have been experiencing cc-501 error on Discover, trying to add account. This has been going on for me for at least 4 days. What's the status?

Quicken Business and Personal-R55.26. Windows 11 PRO current on updates

• Gerry Blue
    Gerry Blue Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, you're in good company. We'd like to know the status as well. Quicken Jasmine? Any update?

• pmfenton3
    pmfenton3 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I dropped back to version 49.29 as detailed in several posts including RB's post on Jun 30. It wasn't without hiccups: the last step of the install shows that the install is complete and has 2 buttons - either StartQuicken (DONT DO IT) or Exit. If you do StartQuicken (I did, sigh) then it starts Quicken and immediately downloads and installs the current version without any way to interrupt. So I had to reinstall the old patch and instead select Exit at the end of the install. After all this excitement, I had to reactivate online access for my Discover accounts. That wizard is very different than the one in the R51 version. And it allowed me to re-link my savings and checking accounts. Not sure if it broke the credit card account that uses the same login and I don't care. I'm willing to sacrifice it to get the checking and savings working.

• cynwins
    cynwins Member ✭✭
    Options

In all honesty…we shouldn't have to go through all these gymnastics!

• Gerry Blue
    Gerry Blue Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Perhaps Quicken is trying to trim down its customer base to mostly gymnasts.

• cynwins
    cynwins Member ✭✭
    Options

They have not endeared me to them. I've been through this with 3 different financial institutions now, but nothing as long-term without resolution as Discover checking/savings has been. Ridiculous.

• pmfenton3
    pmfenton3 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Did they fix this or have I mutated into some kind of special case that actually works?! Today when I started Quicken it automatically updated me to R51.12 Bld 27.1.51.12. Doh! I had purposefully downgraded to V49.29 a week ago in order to be able to download my Discover bank accounts. V49.29 had been rock steady. I always carefully ignored the 1-step update option to get the latest update. But today upon launching Quicken (not the 1-step update) it just automatically downloaded/installed the new version without asking me. But…. the 1-step update is actually working for ALL of my accounts including 2 discover cards and 2 Discover checking and savings accounts. Seemingly, at least. I'm waiting for it to break any minute or to find out there is actually no update happening but no error messages. Or some other kluge. But so far so good.

• RB
    RB Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@pmfenton3

It is not fixed! I just tried with R51.10 and it still fails to allow one to sign into Discover Bank!

Now as noted in my earlier post quoted below:

"Discover Bank checking and savings account still download for some of my family. However, once there is a download problem and you choose to "Deactivate" or to "Reset Account"——Quicken appears to have no method to allow you to Add those accounts to Quicken."

Quicken has continued to download from Discover Bank Checking and Savings account for two of my family members. However, as I said for others—-once your Deactivate or Reset the account you are not able to add the account again.

@pmfenton3 post suggest that downgraded to V49.29 and get the accounts to connect to Discover Bank. They may still work, once it is updated of R51.12. This might be a workaround. I did not and will not try it.

Please note: If you are only concerned with Discover Card (credit card) you should not have problem as discussed in my much earlier posts.

• fwpainejr
    fwpainejr Member ✭✭
    Options

Where connection to Discover Bank will not work — Connect to Discover Card.

• pmfenton3
    pmfenton3 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Shame on me. @RB is right that things are only fixed if you drop back to V49.29 to add your Discover Bank accounts. And then can update to latest version w/o problems. Until some other Quicken bug requires you to re-establish your online connectivity for Discover Bank accounts.

• bmchollan
    bmchollan Member ✭✭
    Options

Well that sounds like a decent workaround for now. In my experience, the need to re-establish connectivity is rare.

• pmfenton3
    pmfenton3 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Shame on me. Things are only fixed if you drop back to V49.29 to add your Discover Bank accounts. And then can update to latest version w/o problems. Until some other Quicken bug requires you to re-establish your online connectivity for Discover Bank accounts.

• Matt Herndon
    Matt Herndon Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

I tried this this morning, and it seems to be working properly. [Edited - Readability] I grabbed V49.22 from here, set up Discover Bank again, updated successfully, then upgraded back to the latest version of Quicken. It completes without error, but I don't have a ton of transactions, so it'll take a bit of time to tell if it's actually fully functional again.

• bmchollan
    bmchollan Member ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

Thank you Matt Herndon! I'm going to try this. I am a little confused on one point: You said you setup Discover Bank again before you updated successfully to 49.22. [Edited - Readability] Don't see how you could set it up before you went to 49.22. Not picking nits, just want to be sure I understand. Thanks

• Matt Herndon
    Matt Herndon Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Sorry, to be clear:

1. Downgrade to 49.22
    2. Re-connnect with Discover Bank
    3. Upgrade back to latest version

• Rick11
    Rick11 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

Thank you Matt Herdon,

I backed up my files and then I followed your instructions and it worked perfectively (with the exception of some of the manual inputs I had previously done to my Discover accounts which I had to correct).

I tested it in R49.22 several times and did another backup. Then I upgraded to R51.12 and tested the download again. Works for now. For how long I don't know.

On a side note: You would tech Quicken tech support would be smart enough to review what changed between R49.22 and the next release that broke it in the first place. [Removed - Speculation]

• Jack*
    Jack* Member ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

I needed to create a new Template File for my accounts. Previously I was getting Discover Errors when downloading, but it would still download. With new Template, I had to set-up all new downloads and Discover will now not connect giving me a CC-501 error.

[Merged Post]

• Ben Buschkopf
    Ben Buschkopf Member ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

Quicken has been unable to update Discover bank accounts since mid-May and it is now mid-August. Last known posted information was from June 6. What is going on? Discover Card continues to update fine, just not Discover Bank…

[Merged Post]

• rnoia
    rnoia Member ✭✭
    Options

Curiously, after attempting 5 times at connecting it via the Discover card-account online screen while chatting with Quicken support, I tried it from the Add Account screen and it miraculously worked. My Discover connection has been downloading happily for the last 5 days.

• K109
    K109 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

rnoia's solution has currently worked for me. I was able to login through the Add Account screen and link to my existing Discover card account and download transactions successfully. Thank you!

• cynwins
    cynwins Member ✭✭
    Options

That may work for the credit cards, but not for checking/savings accounts.

• NMS2
    NMS2 Member
    Options

I am having this same issue with no connection to Discover. I have used Quicken for decades. I am so close to ditching this product due to rolling failure issues. This discover issue has been going for a long time and it is on Quicken, not discover.

GET IT FIXED.

• cynwins
    cynwins Member ✭✭
    Options

Hmmm…look at that. The last comment from Quicken Jasmine was waaaaayyy back on 6/30! You are not endearing anyone to Quicken!

• Gerry Blue
    Gerry Blue Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I wonder what exactly "escalated" means to them. It makes one wonder what happens to "known" issues that have not been "escalated". They should be embarrassed.

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Options

Hi All, If you are still experiencing this, please upload your most recent logs and let me know when you have done so, so I can let the team know as soon as possible. Thank you.

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.