Clearing a category

Options

When I put in a deposit, it goes back to the last deposit and I have to clear the split and then enter the amount(s). How do I get a blank split category without having to clear the same old entry each time?

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Look at Memorized Payees (Tools menu) and edit the existing one for that Payee and then "lock" it to prevent the "template" from being changed.

Also make sure that there is only one for that Payee.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Shadow Springs Farm
    Options

Thanks. I didn't know you could do that. Guess I need to explore some more options on this program.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I just noticed your screen name. If you are making a bank deposit with several different sources of funds (different customers), you might consider creating an "incoming cash account" so that you could fully annotate each customer receipt of funds in it and then when you make the deposit, it would be a transfer from the "cash" account to the real bank account that it is being deposited in.

Doing it this way, the "cash" account has all of the appropriate information as to why you got the funds as single entries (no splits) and the deposit transaction (no split) is just a transfer of funds.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.