Income Reminder will not go away

Options

I have had a transaction remain in my "Bill and Reminders" list for years within my checking register. It's status is "Done" and Due is "None". When I click on Edit or Skip buttons, nothing happens.

When I open it in "Bill and Income Reminders", and try to Delete it, I get a message that says "Could not delete item". When I click on Edit, nothing happens.

It's been there forever, it's not hurting anything, but is there way to somehow delete it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Tagged:

Answers

• QWinUser
    QWinUser Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you tried using some of the "Review and Repair" options? I have not needed to use them myself, but it might be worth a try for you. Please make a backup of your data file before you attempt this, just in case.

• Sean McGrath
    Sean McGrath Member ✭✭
    Options

QWinUser … thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately that did not work. The reminder is still present.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please try this:
    Go into Tools / Manage Bill and Income Reminders.
    Click to select the reminder so it's highlighted. Click "Delete" in the Menu Bar.
    If it doesn't do anything, also try to CTRL-click "Delete".

If none of the above works, please do the following actions:
    • Even if you are on the latest software level already, download and install the latest Manual Patch file from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product to ensure your Quicken software is up to date and correctly installed.
    • Reboot Windows.
    • Run both Validate and Supervalidate to attempt to repair your Quicken data file. After you're done, the problem reminder should be gone or you should now be able to delete it.
    • If nothing helps, please contact Quicken Support on the phone during posted hours of operation

Validate and Supervalidate instructions
    First save a backup file prior to performing these steps
    Validate: 
    • Click File
    • Select Validate and Repair File...
    • Select Validate File
    • If the data file contains investment accounts also select "Rebuild investing lots".
    • If you suspect that a damaged Quotes Price History causes your problems, also select "Correct investing price history" functions "Delete" or "Repair and Rebuild".
    • Click OK
    • Close the Data Log
    • Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    • Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    • Click File
    • Press and hold both CTRL and Shift keys while you click Validate and Repair File...
    • Select Supervalidate File
    • Click OK
    • Close the Data Log
    • Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    • Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

• Sean McGrath
    Sean McGrath Member ✭✭
    Options

I tried all the steps above, and the income reminder is still there. I guess I will call support when I have time.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sorry to hear that. Running both Validate and Supervalidate usually gets rid of a broken reminder.
    Do call Support using the link I provided earlier. They may ask you to submit your log files and possibly even a sanitized data file to help them research the problem.

This discussion has been closed.