Download is posting to wrong account - How to transfer transactions to correct account? (edit)

Options
leonard kearney
leonard kearney Member ✭✭✭
edited August 2023 in Investing (Windows)

I have two investment accounts with similar IDs (same digits on last 4 numbers) and if appears the online download is posting to the wrong account. I understand i need to deactivate and re-activate all my accounts - but is there any option to move the transactions that aready posted?

or is delete nd manually post the best option?

Answers

• leonard kearney
    Options

also, how can i look at the third party account number my quickne account is attached to? appear my issue started in 2020.

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes you can move transactions between Investment Accounts:

https://help.quicken.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3216506

I'm not sure what you're referring to with the "third party account number." Please clarify.

• leonard kearney
    Options

when we set up an account for online transactions we set up a financial institution (third party - FI) and we send the financial institution's account number. I am having issue with transactions posting to the wrong accounts.

when i try to reset (deactivate and reactivate) - i have to do all accounts with that third party (in this case Schwab) at the sme time. I am having issues after the logon to the third party - when quicken shows a screen to confirm which accounts get updated. sometimes the wrong account is listed - and the eslection box does not even contain the need FI .

I am looking for a way, in quicken, to look at an account and see which financial institution it is tied to - and the account number.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @leonard kearney,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. To see what financial institution an account is tied to and the account number (as provided by the financial institution; some do not provide the full account number), go to Tools>Account List. Click the Edit button next to the account you want to view. On the General tab, it will show you the information.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• leonard kearney
    Options

thanks for responding - my issue is i have multiple schwab ccounts and two end in "536" when i look at the accounts i see

i believe this is pulling from the wrong account. is there any way to see full account number ?

• leonard kearney
    Options

when i try to re- set this account (deactivate/activate) schwab doesnt even show on th list.

• leonard kearney
    Options

spending way too much time of this. Thought "screw it" - i deleted the lenkearney536 account and told quicken to re-add it. I can live with the fix.

so now the other 356 acount,, which was working fine - decides to stop working.. same issue - shaded area says linked to wrong account - but drop down doesnt even show the financial institution (schwab) .

note - the Investment West, Janus and scudder accounts were all closed a long time ago.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your replies,

If it is not giving you the option to connect to the Schwab account you're trying to link it to, go to Tools>Account List, click the Edit button next to that account, and check to make sure it doesn't already think its connected. If it thinks its connected, you would want to backup your file, then deactivate the account so that you can free it up to be connected to the correct account.

If accounts that have been closed for years are showing as options to link to in Quicken, that may mean the accounts aren't marked as closed in Quicken. You can mark them as closed in Quicken by following the steps in this article.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• leonard kearney
    Options

For Schwab, i believe i have to de-activate all accounts and then re-activate- correct?

• leonard kearney
    Options

you were correct - the scudder and investment west accounts ere not roperly closed - i feixed that - i then deactivated all schwab nd reactivated - 6 out of 7 look correct - the "rollover ira…536) is still not showing any schwab accounts - why?

• leonard kearney
    Options

so after the above didnt work. i went into the account list - and saw -

so i clicked on activate download. go through all the regamorole and get

a) the account i clicked on (IRA 1536) shows " don't add to quicken - and the len%#^ account - (which I had quicken add - see above) shows the correct account in the shDED TEXT - BUT DOES NOT SHOW THE CORRECT ACCOUNT IN THE (oops) drop down list. again, why?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Based on your screenshot, the lenkearney isn't showing in the dropdown because it thinks its already connected to the Rollover IRA…536 account. Did you make sure the lenkearney XXXXX536 account was disconnected prior to going through the steps to reconnect?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• leonard kearney
    Options

yes- but to be sure i did it again today 7/23 - 7 accounts - all off, all assignd to schwab.

clicked edit on schwab rollover ira 1536 - went through the schwab approval and got this

just 2 of the seven accounts.

this from schwab site

• leonard kearney
    Options

so i told it to update - it did correctly set the two accounts shown. then i clicked on the schab ira 536 (same account) again. this time it shows all 7 accounts .

the Rollover IRA536 shown the wrong linage account (shaded) and does not show any Schwab account match. I dont get it… why cant i link this account.?

Len

r

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Since the screenshots make it look like it should be able to connect, this may be an issue in the data file. If you haven't already done so, I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file.  Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• leonard kearney
    edited July 2023
    Options

so i created a test file and told Q to dd the account instead of linking- the only thing i see is the account number looks differetn- Schwab account numbers are 8 digits (9 including a -)

Q shows 13

my set up

when quicken set up the account - i checked "add account" and the account number in quicken was24887XXXXX536

i went o quick and deleted the file. here is an example from another account

that 96641 is not part of the schwab account number.

• leonard kearney
    Options

i did the validate - no issues other than a couple stock split messages. sut down retried just the one account - no change - does not find a schwab account.

did the super validate - result same as above.

i note that the online center does not list this account under charles schwab? related?

• leonard kearney
    Options

hoping against hope, i turned off all accounts, verified in account list all were off. clicked on the ira1536 account to activate - got this

on the plus side - the schwab rollover ira 1536 shows on the drop down (yay)

on the negative side - only 2 of 7 accounts are octivating? oh, and relly important here - only 6 schwb accounts show on the drop down. you have a table limitation bug.

• leonard kearney
    Options

did the validate - no errors (couple stock splits missing), tried to set up rollowever IRA1536. selection box does not show any schwab accounts in the drop down. (same issue as before the validate.)

ran supervalidate - no errorsl- ran the set up - still no schwab accounts i the drop down. i note the accounts listed on the Activate onestep update are in different order this time.

so no improvement.

next?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

The next step would be to restore a backup from before the issue started and see if the issue persists in that newly restored file. If that is not a viable option, then I suggest that you try creating a copy of your data file, which will rebuild all of the internal lists and database tables. If successful, you would then move forward with the copied file. To create a copy, please navigate to File > Copy or Backup File... > Create a copy or template (see examples below) which will also allow you to select a date range to move forward with.
    If you wish to move forward with your entire data file, please check the full date range of your entire data file before copying so you can enter the correct date range if you do not wish to "shrink" your file by eliminating certain dates.

It's important to know that all online services will be disconnected in the copied file, and you will need to sign back in with your Quicken ID and reconnect all of your online accounts, online billers, Quicken Bill Manager services, etc if you plan to use that copied file going forward. The reason for this is that the new copy also creates a new and separate dataset ID.

If the issue is not resolved in the copied file either, then feel free to switch back to your original file.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.