Checking balance and other totals displaying incorrectly

Options
UUWACO
UUWACO Member

I'm using Quicken for Windows, subscription edition. Since last update, our checking balance is showing a negative of over $55K. Balance should be close to $20K (positive). Of course, this affects net worth balance, etc. Any ideas about why this happened?

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Make sure your register is not filtered, so that all the transactions are included. If the register is filtered, there will be a green Reset button at the top. Click on that to clear any filters.

Also Quicken has been known to change the Opening Balance of accounts when reconnecting them for downloading.

Other than that, you would have to look at the transactions in your register to see what happened.

QWin Premier subscription
  • UUWACO
    UUWACO Member
    Options

Jim, please elaborate on your statement "Also Quicken has been known to change the Opening Balance of accounts when reconnecting them for downloading."

• UUWACO
    UUWACO Member
    Options

I checked to see if the register was filtered and it was not. I also looked at transactions to see if I could find what happened it and could not see anything. On July 1, I was able to reconcile the bank statement successfully. The ending balance was $18,088.38. Today, I clicked on Reconcile and it showed prior balance -58,375.87.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you go to the register for July 1, does the balance look OK or is it way off?

Does today's balance in the register look OK?

QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.