Unable to Connect to Discover Bank

Options
System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Has Quicken dropped support for Discover Bank Discover Credit Cards?.

Comments

• harris48154
    harris48154 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have been unable to connect to Discover Bank for 2 months now.
    1) Select New account
    2) Choose Discover Bank
    3) It says "Discover Bank needs you to authorize your accounts"
    "You will need to use the bank hosted sign-in form to authorize downloads."
    "Select Sign in to authenticate via your web browser"
    4) Click "Sing In" button
    5) It immediately says "Sign into Discover Bank failed"
    It never gives me an opportunity to enter account info. Happens every time. Can't get past this.
    If someone can tell me how to re-add my Discover account to Quicken I would certainly appreciate it.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @harris48154,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you!

(Ticket #10259485/CTP-6842)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• xtexan
    xtexan Member ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

i emailed discover bank - they stopped supporting quicken in june 2023

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @xtexan,

To clarify; Discover Bank no longer supports Direct Connect and Web Connect 2-step downloads; meaning downloading a QFX file from their website and importing it to Quicken. However, automatic downloads via Express Web Connect is still supported. The issue reported in the Alert above which is actively being worked on by our teams is in reference to Express Web Connect.

Hope this clarifies things! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• alicaste
    alicaste Member
    Options

Same issue….really need to have an ETA on when this problem will be resolved.

• howatsg
    howatsg Member
    Options

This issue documented on the Community Alert has existed since May 23 and still no ETA on a fix. We are paying a license fee for this product and not receiving what we are paying for. Two months and still waiting is unacceptable.

• George Agich
    George Agich Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I agree with howatsg. The Community Alert is a dead-end. They are not updating that so they are compounding the frustration.

• Jayacol
    Jayacol Member ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

[Removed - Speculation/Inaccurate]

that is ongoing for a few months.

• mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

[Removed - Off Topic]

• jrcorwin
    jrcorwin Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm also waiting for a fix for this

• jrcorwin
    jrcorwin Member ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

Discover Credit Card has two account options. I could not set up my credit card account with the first listing but the second one worked fine. That was after I called Discover Card to see if they could help me! [Removed - Speculation]

• wtbaileyiii
    wtbaileyiii Member ✭✭
    Options

awaiting a fix. Discover 501 error is annoying!

• mtbdog
    mtbdog Member ✭✭
    Options

Similar issue and I'm betting it's related. CC-501.

Last successful download was 6-2-2023. Since then, no downloading and no error message. So I tried resetting and got the following message:

"We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are unable to connect to the Quicken servers at this time. Do not contact Discover Card for assistance. They cannot fix the problem. Please try again in a few hours. Thank you for your patience!"

And now the account is no longer connected. When I try to set it up again, I get the same error.

• mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, same thing happened to me. When I contacted Quicken support, they asked for the log files and it seems that the "original" connection used for Discover has changed, so when you try to reactivate, it's using the wrong URL. Instead, they had me to into Tools → Add Account, select the Discover icon and then it found my credit cards (this will NOT fix the banking Discover accounts) and is able to connect.

• harris48154
    harris48154 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I think there is confusion here. Recommend you look at earlier reply from Quicken Anja.

There is another thread for connection problems with Discover Credit Card. If you are having problems connecting to your Discover Credit Card account, this is not the correct thread. It is because Discover dropped support for Direct Connect and the older, Web Connect2. You will need to reconnect to your account using Express Web Connect. If you are getting a CC-501 error, this is not the correct thread.

This thread addresses the inability to connect to Discover Bank. This is the error that results when attempting to add a Discover Bank account.

Near as I can tell, it is possible to get around the Discover Credit Card problem by switching your Quicken connection to Express Web Connect. That doesn't work for Discover Bank.

• cassel
    cassel Member
    Options

Concur with harris48154.

• billflyer
    billflyer Member ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

[Removed - Language]! Almost eleven weeks and still no solution for a Bank connection problem? I've been a Quicken customer since 1995. Add me to the growing list of unhappy customers!

• crshera
    crshera Member ✭✭
    Options

Downloads of bank and credit card transactions via Express Web Connect, in my opinion, simply does not work well. Far too often, I have to use Reset Account to download the latest cleared transactions. Even when it does work, it often takes much too long to complete.

Other banks’ websites still support creating and downloading a Quicken transaction file that can be imported into Quicken. But, Discover Bank no longer does so.

Quicken needs a fundamentally more reliable and much faster transaction download capability than Express Web Connect.

• pmfenton3
    pmfenton3 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Cross-posting this. It looks to me that R51.12, Build 27.1.51.12 fixes the problem with Discover bank. Or Quicken fixed it on the server side. Or perhaps I have mutated into some kind of special case that actually works?! Today when I started Quicken it automatically updated me to R51.12 Bld 27.1.51.12. Doh! I had purposefully downgraded to V49.29 a week ago in order to be able to download my Discover bank accounts. V49.29 had been rock steady. I always carefully ignored the 1-step update option to get the latest update. But today upon launching Quicken (not the 1-step update) it just automatically downloaded/installed the new version without asking me. But…. the 1-step update is actually working for ALL of my accounts including 2 discover cards and 2 Discover checking and savings accounts. Seemingly, at least. I'm waiting for it to break any minute or to find out there is actually no update happening but no error messages. Or some other kluge. But so far so good.

• crshera
    crshera Member ✭✭
    Options

I have had R51.12, Build 27.1.51.12 installed since August 2. At least for me, this latest release of Quicken does not solve the problem that prevents both activating and resetting online links between Quicken and Discover Bank accounts. It is most disappointing that this problem has not been resolved.

• pmfenton3
    pmfenton3 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Shame on me. Not fixed. Albeit I stumbled onto a work-around that fixed things for me. By dropping back to V49.29 and then re-adding the Discover Bank accounts, then you can update to the latest release without further problems. But you won't be able to add new accounts (unless you temporarily drop back to the V49.29). This situation has been reported to Quicken for months and nothing happens. It appears they've decided to but back support. Is the end near?

• crshera
    crshera Member ✭✭
    Options

Since I have updated both my Quicken software and QDATA file multiple times since the release of R49.29, I would hesitate to the update my current QDATA file with a prior release of Quicken software. Might updating my current QDATA file with R49.29 cause problems when I resume using it with the current R51.12?

• Rick_B@
    Rick_B@ Member
    Options

Same problem with Discover Bank. They have good interest on savings accounts and a 150 sign up bonus. Point is a lot more people are going to be having this issue when they sign up for this deal at Discover and then find out that their trusty Quicken wont connect. Perhaps Quicken should address this problem NOW.

• Dave Qkn
    Dave Qkn Member ✭✭
    Options

Same problem with Discover bank. However, my issued did not materialize until (at end of July) updated to a new Quicken file and saved it down. Quicken team, clearly many of us are interested in your expertise here.

• Claudine H.
    Claudine H. Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken Anja announced in another thread the Discover problem has been fixed/resolved August 23. I was able to successfully 'Update' my 2 problem Discover accounts this morning, August 24. 🙂

• harris48154
    harris48154 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yes! It works today. Will see if it still works a week from now.

Thank you, Claudine, for the update.

• jsd81wke
    jsd81wke Member
    Options

I successfully connected my Discover Bank accounts today after a couple months of not being able to connect and things appear to be back to normal. 😎

• Shane V Cantwell
    Options

As a new Discover Savings and old Discover card account holder, I finally figured out that when you click the + over the accounts to Add Account, don't click the giant obvious Discover button that takes you to discovercard.com, but rather type in "Discover Bank" that connects to discover.com. Check at the top of the Add Account dialog box. Log in to your banking account and bam. Deactivate any bank/credit cards you have first because this apparently links all Discover accounts for combined updates.

This discussion has been closed.