etrade download not working

Options
JZY
JZY Member ✭✭

Hi, I've tried everything, but etrade download is still not working. I got this blank box and the program will hang and I have to close it in "task manager". Tried to add "etrade bank", "etrade advisory", as others suggested but none are working. I only have self managed brokage account at etrade. There is no option for "etrade brokage".

If I export quicken file and import, it says Quicken is unable to verify the the financial institution.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you tried the following?:

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• JZY
    JZY Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks. Just tried that, but instead of going to the screen where I can select "direct connect", it says it can't get info on the institutiion and the account will be set up as a manual account. I was not adding an account. I was simply set up online connection. Tried with Quicken e*trade and E*trade Bank. Same error.

• JZY
    JZY Member ✭✭
    Options

Problem solved. I exported transactions from e*trade, then try to import them. I got a new error [OL-297-A]. Following online instructions for error OL-297-A, I checked advance internet option, under security, "Use TLS 1.2". Then I tried to import the transactions again. They were imported correctly this time without error. Then I go to edit account, and set up online services to setup again. And this time direct connect works.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm glad you got it to work for you. Thanks for posting your solution here as others might find it helpful.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.