Options

I messed up a couple of reconciliations and I need to fix them

PC

Tagged:

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There is no way to simply undo a reconciliation. You can edit each transaction or a group of transactions by right clicking on them and then manually changing the reconciliation status to Cleared or Not reconciled. But if you do this, when you do the reconciliation process, again, you will need to then manually change the reconciliation status of each back to Reconciled.

You might find it easier and better to simply restore a recent backup file from just before you did the reconciliations and then do your new reconciliation process in that restored file, instead.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The reconciliation process starts with an "opening balance." That opening balance is calculated on the fly by Quicken as the sum of all transactions in the register with an "R" in the Clr column. So going back to some point in time in the register (presumably a statement month end where you know the reconciliation is correct) and changing all subsequent transactions from R ("reconciled) to "c" (cleared) in effect undoes all the subsequent reconciliations. You can then "start"over" on all subsequent reconciliations in the normal manner through Quicken's reconciliation process.

You could even do a big reconciliation from your new opening balance starting date all the way to to your latest statement ending date, though it's probably easier doing a month at a time.

This discussion has been closed.