locked out

Options
brian219w
brian219w Member ✭✭

On opening quicken there is a login popup bearing an old email
address which doesn't work now. I can't login the popup, I can't do a
one step update. However, I can login normally to quicken.com
using my currnt email and password.What can I do about this persistent popup?

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

You mentioned that you have your Quicken.com account set up with the new email address. If you log into your Quicken.com account, is the Quicken subscription information shown there correct?

If so, you might want to try uninstalling your current installation of Quicken. Then download and install a fresh copy of Quicken from your Quicken.com account. The installation will be made with your new Quicken.com email and PW. Once installed you should be able to open your existing data file.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Have you tried using your current email and PW in the login popup?

If you cannot change the email shown on the popup there should be a link to sign in as a different user. Click on that link and follow the prompts to sign out of Quicken and when given the opportunity sign in with your current email and PW.

• brian219w
    brian219w Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you for responding Boatmaniac. Sorry to say that no, I can not change the user name presented in the popup. Neither is there is a link to sign in as a different user.

There is a prompt at the bottom asking if I've forgotten my Quicken ID or password but clicking on that isn't a way forward either. It just brings up unending rotating busy/spool symbol.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Can you close the popup and view the data in your data file?

If so, close the popup and try the following: Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts > Sign in as a different user > Yes > Sign Out > when prompted to sign in, use your current Quicken.com login information.

If this does not work, go to Help > About Quicken. What does it show there regarding the following:

• Quicken Edition (Starter, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business)
    • Which version does it show there?
    • Does it show your old email address or your current email address?
    • What does it show is the status of your subscription?

• brian219w
    brian219w Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you once again.

Selecting Quicken ID and & Cloud accounts got me into a busy loop

Help shows that I have the Deluxe edition, version R50.16, with my old non working email address and subscription expiring on December 29 2023.

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options

You mentioned that you have your Quicken.com account set up with the new email address. If you log into your Quicken.com account, is the Quicken subscription information shown there correct?

If so, you might want to try uninstalling your current installation of Quicken. Then download and install a fresh copy of Quicken from your Quicken.com account. The installation will be made with your new Quicken.com email and PW. Once installed you should be able to open your existing data file.

• brian219w
    brian219w Member ✭✭
    Options

Reinstall - that was the road back. The road wasn't smooth, Quicken didn't seem to want to drop the old email address but after some speed bumps Quicken is back to working normally. Many many thanks Boatnmaniac

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

You are welcome. I'm glad to hear that it worked for you. And thank you for confirming what the solution was so others might benefit from it.

This discussion has been closed.