Budget Reports - Categories not alphabetized

jd45
jd45 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

When I create in Planning a budget report show expenses vs budget, the categories are not in alphabetical order. Some of them seem to be in order but others are not.

If I create a spending by category report, the categories are in alphabetical order.

Why? Is there a way to fix this?

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

The Current Budget report and the Income & Expense by Category report created using Reports > Spending > (Select Report) both show the correct sorting in alphabetical order.

Looking at the current budget under Planning > Budgets I see expense Categories in alphabetical order to a certain point down the list of expenses, with many Categories that should be there missing, and then see an "out of place" Category followed by the "missing" Categories, also in alphabetical order. Is this similar to what you're seeing?

I find that odd but offhand know of no way to fix it. Maybe somebody will come along with a better answer.

• divedive99
    divedive99 Member ✭✭

I'm having the issue that one of my budget categories has dropped to the bottom of the list, instead of being listed in alphabetical order. I don't see a way to fix it. In the reports, it's in the correct order.

• UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

What are the Category Groups associated with each of these categories?
    You may have to reassign categories associated with different category groups to the same category group(s), e.g., from "Expense" to "Personal Expense"

This discussion has been closed.