Chase transfers have wrong transfer account in Category field

Options
Robert Berman
Robert Berman Member ✭✭✭

I noticed this starting a few weeks ago.

Whenever I do a transfer at Chase from one Chase account to another, or pay my Chase credit card using my Chase checking account, the downloaded transfer indicates a transfer to the same account. The other account is not in the transfer category. So I correct it (didn't used to have to do that!) and it tells me I am recording a transfer to the same account (which I am not, but whatever).

So, in Account A I have downloaded as: [Account A] as the category, when it should be [Card A].

Same on the other side: in the Card A account it shows the transaction category as [Card A]. when it should be (and used to be) [Account A].

This happens on all Chase transfers, not just credit card payments.

I've verified the file, latest updates, etc. etc. It used to work fine for years. This started maybe 4 weeks ago. The transactions on the Chase web site are correct.

Tagged:

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Check to make sure that your Memorized Payee (Tools menu) does not have the wrong account in the Category field.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Robert Berman
    Robert Berman Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks. I checked but it is not memorized.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What about this preference setting?

• QWinUser
    QWinUser Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Robert Berman - the other thing to confirm is that you have the "Transfer Detection" option selected -

When transfers are downloaded from Chase, they are not really "transfers" per se, but just deposits and withdrawals. When these transactions get downloaded, Quicken then assumes they are transfers if they have the same amount and if this option is checked.

• Robert Berman
    Robert Berman Member ✭✭✭
    Options

For Downloaded transactions - all three "During transaction download" options are checked.

For Transfer detection - the "scan" box is checked, option selected is "automatically create transfers"

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I would uncheck the one that the BIG arrow is pointing at to see if that fixes the issue.

• Robert Berman
    Robert Berman Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Ok that is unchecked. I have 4 Chase inter-account transfers happening this evening and they will hit the download tomorrow morning.

I like my normal transactions to be categorized based on the renaming rules or however Quicken does it now. Hopefully that won't stop. I only have these 4 transfers set up for every other Friday. If I need to manually fix them going forward, then I guess that is the lesser of two evils. The transfers used to categorize correctly. Oh well.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Changes made by Renaming Rules and Memorized Payees are not affected by this setting.

• Robert Berman
    Robert Berman Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you very much! All 4 of my transfers - on both sides - were categorized correctly this morning. I need to think about why this worked, but it solved the problem.

Thanks again splasher.

This discussion has been closed.