Convert Credit Cards from Auto to Manual?

Options
MLDSandler
MLDSandler Member ✭✭
edited August 2023 in Using Quicken on the Web

Is it possible to convert a credit account originally created as being linked to the bank and to download transactions at the start of reconciliation, over to the manual style of account management? I don't like the way those downloads work (it's been years and never asked the question) and I REALLY want to switch them to manual. But I do not want to have to close the accounts and recreate them - I don't want to lose my historical reports.

Thank you,

-Monica

User since Quicken v2.0

Monica Sandler, MCT, CMOM
Quicken User since v2, 1996
Current user of Home, Business & Rental Properties subscription

Best Answer

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Of course you can use that credit card Account making only manual entries. Nothing dictates that a Quicken Account must be connected to a Financial Institution. Quicken - back in the dark ages of DOS - was completely manual, it even allows you to create "Offline Accounts" when you create a new Account.

Simply Deactivate Online Services and and make your entries.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Of course you can use that credit card Account making only manual entries. Nothing dictates that a Quicken Account must be connected to a Financial Institution. Quicken - back in the dark ages of DOS - was completely manual, it even allows you to create "Offline Accounts" when you create a new Account.

Simply Deactivate Online Services and and make your entries.

• MLDSandler
    MLDSandler Member ✭✭
    Options

I have always entered my transactions manually because I break them out by category; but the Deactivate was what I needed, so THANK YOU! Found it in Account Details>Online Services tab if anyone else is looking for it. -M

Monica Sandler, MCT, CMOM
    Quicken User since v2, 1996
    Current user of Home, Business & Rental Properties subscription

This discussion has been closed.