Download failures with Discover Card and Bank

Options
mertenj
mertenj Member ✭✭

I do not seem to be able to download transactions from Discover Card or Discover Bank for over a month. No errors just no downloaded transactions.

Anyone else have a similar problem? Or better yet, a resolution?

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @mertenj,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What is your connection method with Discover? You can see the connection method by navigating to Tools > Account List. When did you first notice this issue? After a recent update? If so, which update? Do you receive any error codes or messages?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• mertenj
    mertenj Member ✭✭
    Options

Jasmine,

I opened quicken this evening and recalled the last time I tried to fix this problem (some weeks ago) , I had tried to reset the account. When I tried to set up on line services. This time I was successfull!

John

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @mertenj,

Thank you for coming back to update us and for sharing the steps that you took.

We are happy to hear that you were able to reach a resolution!

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Gene_T
    Gene_T Member
    Options

I have had a similar problem. Starting about three weeks ago, my Discover Bank Savings account would not download transactions. (Discover Card continues to work normally.) I tried a reset and now I am unable to connect at all with Discover Bank online services. (Again Discover Card continues to work normally.) Every time I click on sign in I get the message: "Sign in to Discover Bank failed. Try again." I am unable to get beyond that screen.

• billflyer
    billflyer Member ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

I am having a problem setting up a NEW Discover Bank CD account. After selecting Discover Bank in Quicken/Add Account and clicking the “Sign In” button, I get an error message: “Sorry, the sign in failed due to time out or a connection error. Select Sign In to authenticate via your web browser.” Clicking the Sign In button again results in the same message. I am able to log in to Discover outside of Quicken. Quicken continues to download my existing Discover savings account transactions perfectly, as it did with previous Discover CD accounts. I have the latest version of Firefox. I have cleared the cache and cookies. I have closed and re-started Firefox.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Gene_T and @billflyer,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you.

(Ticket #10259485/CTP-6842)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• zot100
    zot100 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This issue continues. After reading multiple threads on this issue along with my experience, this issue seems more directly related to users having restored from a recent backup. I know that was my case. It is like there is a 'Cookie' for lack of a better term that is stuck in the user's data that the re-authorization process is tripping over after a restore from a backup. I am also experiencing a similar issue with American Express Bank that happened about the same time.

• coachlt
    coachlt Member ✭✭
    Options

Starting more than a month ago now, my Discover Bank Savings account would not download transactions. (Discover Card continues to work normally.) I tried a reset and now I am unable to connect at all with Discover Bank online services - it actually deleted my Discover Bank link (Discover Card continues to work normally.) Every time I click on sign in I get the message: "Sign in to Discover Bank failed. Try again." I am unable to get beyond that screen. I did not restore from a backup. Why does an 'update' do this?

• mocpa11994
    mocpa11994 Member ✭✭
    Options

Same problem here. This has been an issue for several months now. 'When will this be fixed? Unacceptable!

• BarryMo
    BarryMo Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same issue here. Cannot retrieve Discover Bank transactions.

• BarryMo
    BarryMo Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Never get the authentication page for Discover Bank

• karen m
    karen m Member ✭✭✭
    Options

The "community page" listed above has not been updated since June 6th! Really?

• ChgoLM
    ChgoLM Member
    Options

Discover Card error CC-501

On my laptop, which I rarely use, I did a "restore from backup". Why would that affect just my Discover account on my desktop?

Also dismayed that my subscription dollars are not helping more the solution forward….

Best wishes to the solution team!

• ChgoLM
    ChgoLM Member
    Options

just tried the solution updated Aug 23 2023 that I found on another thread: "Sign In as a Different User"

No luck.

This discussion has been closed.