Unable to connect to United Community Bank

Options
jnprop
jnprop Member ✭✭✭✭

I have been connecting to UCBI for some time now thru Direct Connect. I tried to do an update yesterday and I received an error message. I don't remember the error message wish I had noted it. I disconnected the connection and attempting to re-active and nor it immediatly goes the the screen I have attached here and just sits. I have to go to task manager to get out of that and close Quicken. I have done this twice with the same results. The bank did recently update the look of their webpage over the weekend and in an email to customers said there should be no problems with connections to the bank. I have put in a call to my branch to see if they know of any issues. If I get an error messages I will come back and place here.

thanks!

Comments

• crockettlarry
    Options

Exactly the same with me. I live in the Nashville area, and was a Reliant Bank customer from their inception. I have had NOTHING but problems, not only with Quicken and UCBI, but also with UCBI itself since they absorbed Reliant. Sick of it. Wife keeps wanting me to change to her BOA bank…this just might do it.

• crockettlarry
    Options

Add'l info: I rolled back to an early July 2023 update, and that didn't help. So the problem is with UCBI. Big surprise.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you tried this yet?

If your bank recently changed their website or password requirements please read and follow instructions here:

For online billers please see if you can manage (remove and re-add or repair) the online biller, to see if their profile has already been updated.

If that doesn't resolve the issue:

• It is the bank's or biller's contractual obligation to notify their Quicken download service provider, Intuit Inc., of any changes to their websites and download functions in a timely manner before the change is implemented. Intuit needs a sufficient amount of lead time to review, change and test their programs, to adapt to the changes the bank makes.
    • The bank also needs to notify their customers of this change in a timely fashion and detail any actions that might be required by the customer to regain access after the change was introduced.
    • If they didn't do that, complain to your bank's or biller's office of the president.
    • Also contact Quicken Support via Chat or Phone at https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support during posted hours of operation and report this as an Online Banking issue, so that Quicken Support can escalate this issue to Intuit Inc. Ultimately, however, the bank or biller must initiate the call and work together with Intuit on solving this update issue.

Please let us know if you were able to get this issue resolved (or not).

• jnprop
    jnprop Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@UKR Thanks for the troubleshooting. I will do this a report back. I do have an error message now. I have attached it here.

@crockettlarry Im in Birmingham. Our bank (Progress Bank) was recently purchased by UCBI. I actually moved from my credit union because they stopped offering an automatic Quicken connection. They have picked that back up now. Im thinking it is a great time to go back. Good to know someone else is having issues. Tells us its likely on the bank side…. I sent them a secure message last night… IM not sure if they responded or not. I haven't looked. At least Web Connect work for now. I run 7 accounts on Quicken (rental property) and certainly dont want to do that all them time. I think your wife is wise!

Parrish

• lawsonmabry
    lawsonmabry Member ✭✭
    Options

I spoke with a UCBI CSR today and she told me that Intuit has been working on a fix since Friday. There was a data conversion for the Progress Bank acquisition weekend before last and that was likely the culprit.

• jnprop
    jnprop Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@lawsonmabry Yes. I can confirm the above as well through communication with them yesterday. UCBI had a website update last weekend. Even though in there email they sent out beforehand it stated this will not effect connections to the bank. But it totally happened after they updated their website look over last weekend. Just knowing they are working on it is good news to me. At least they are not playing dumb…..

• jnprop
    jnprop Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@lawsonmabry Are you connecting to UCBI now? I am not!! Anyone else have any updates on this. I will contact bank tomorrow….

• lawsonmabry
    lawsonmabry Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm in contact with them and let them know that Direct Connect is still not working. The IT staff saw some Web Connect downloads and thought it might be fixed. I let them know that Direct Connect still isn't fixed.

• jnprop
    jnprop Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

@lawsonmabry Thanks for the update! I sent a secure message thru my account. No one bothered to reply today. The last time they answered thru that platform fairly promptly. I don't tolerate not having a connection very long and will be leaving soon if not fixed. I have too many accounts to do manual downloads. I run a small rental company with Quicken. Connecting to my bank is not just a convenience its a requirement for me!!! Two weeks is plenty of time to fix this. Please let me know if you find out anything else. I'm giving them until Friday. I have not had a connection since the grand website update over the last weekend in July of which I received an email stating there would be no problems with connections to the bank due to the update! They should have just let things be! I could care less what their little logo looks like. It is unimportant to me. I would like to talk to the marketing company that sold them the updated image package!!! No telling what they paid for all that.

• lawsonmabry
    lawsonmabry Member ✭✭
    Options

I sent them the connlog.txt and ofxlog.text files Wednesday night from my unsuccessful login. The IT head said he reported it to Intuit on August 3rd. It's a problem on Intuit's end and they are hammering them about it. That's all I know.

• jnprop
    jnprop Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@lawsonmabry Thanks for the update! I should have know it was on Intuit! Sounds about right!

• lawsonmabry
    lawsonmabry Member ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

it is now fixed. It was a url issue on Inuit’s part connected to the UCBI rebranding. When “Bank” was dropped from the name during the rebranding Intuit didn’t change the url programming to recognize the change.

This discussion has been closed.