Why won't my version of Quicken quit using IE 11

Options
usawilliamson
usawilliamson Member ✭✭

Other posts say to change my default browser so I changed it from Chrome to Firefox and rebooted still using IE 11 I then changed to Microsoft Edge rebooted and still IE 11. I checked after each reboot that the correct browser was the default.

Quicken Version R51.12 Build 27.1.51.12

Windows 11 22H2 Build 22621.1992

I am having problems with a bank that won't allow me to connect to Citi I have talked with their tech support people, not an easy thing to do they say it should work and I should not be getting a CC-502 error, or that the website is down error. Zillow says it can't find my current house. My rental properties have stopped connecting. Zillow says that the are checking on their end but not finding anything.

The only thing is IE 11 keeps popping up as my browser.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What version of Quicken (Help > About Quicken) are you using and is this "recent behavior" associated with a recent download, or something that's gone on for some time? If you're seeing this as "new" and just recently updated your Quicken version then rolling back to the previous version where you weren't having this problem would be the first thing to try.

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Adding to @Tom Young comments, where specifically are you seeing these browser screens. Any activities I perform in Quicken only show native windows, never a pop-up that is browser related.

• usawilliamson
    usawilliamson Member ✭✭
    Options

Read my first message as I give that information. The bank started about 6 months ago maybe a little longer with a known problem and a fix that did not work on my Version of Quicken. Rolling back is not possible for me.

I have been using Quicken since 1992 or 1993, I was a beta tester for about 3 or 4 years, and I use Quicken Home and Business. This is an annoying problem that I really don't want to take the time to find and fix myself I was just hoping that someone might have an answer ready.

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

I thought IE11 had been removed from Win 11. I'm running Insider Beta and no remnants of IE11 remain. IE11 was a removable Feature in earlier versions of IE11. There are also settings in Edge to turn off any IE11 compatibility. If you have IE installed as a stand-alone program, uninstall it.

The only time I find that Quicken launches a browser is for items under the Help menu. Otherwise, it is launching its internal browser window or a window using MS WebView2.

In any case, the browser is likely not the cause of the connection issue. Citi still allows Direct Connect so I would switch to that over the EWC connection giving you the CC-error.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, Win 11 has removed IE11 but there is a feature of MS Edge called IE Mode. If IE Mode has been enabled in Edge, then perhaps that is the problem.

Here is a link showing how to enable and diasble IE Mode in Edge. It might be worth taking a look into it.: https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1049967/

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• usawilliamson
    usawilliamson Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the great effort. Still no joy in fact I had to use Task Manager to close the IE dialog.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you searched the Microsoft Windows websites yet, or called Microsoft Support?

• usawilliamson
    usawilliamson Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes I did a search, No I did not call Microsoft Support

This discussion has been closed.