One Step Update Deleted Credit Card Transactions

Options

Using R51.2 on Windows 10. I set up a new credit card account for transaction download, and was able to download about 10 cleared transactions with the opening date and ending balance on Wednesday. On Thursday morning after a One Step Update, the opening date was changed to Thursday and all transactions were gone.

I restored from backup from Wednesday, but the transactions were still missing and it still showed that the account had been updated on Thursday morning.

I spoke to the help desk at the card issuer, Campus USA Credit Union, and they said that they have problems with Quicken working with their credit card accounts. Can someone from Quicken try to resolve this with the Credit Union?

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Campus USA Credit Union uses the Direct Connect (DC) method of downloading according to the fidir.txt file - ("ACTIVE BANKING,ACCOUNTINFO&DIRECT") - and that, typically, is the most reliable method around. With DC the Financial Institution (FI) itself is responsible for coding all transactions using the OFX protocol and then placing these transactions on one of their servers. When you do an update of an Account that's connected to the FI with DC your computer is "dialing in" to that server and downloading whatever information is there.

Because of the way DC works it seems more likely to me (without really knowing one way or the other) that the problem is on Campus USA Credit Union's end. This forum is monitored by Quicken via Quicken employee "moderators" but it's unlikely that your "ask" for Quicken to fix things will be picked up and passed along to the programmers.

You can look at the OFX information that Campus USA Credit Union sends to you by clicking HELP > CONTACT SUPPORT > LOG FILES > OFX LOG and see if you can spot anything amiss but I'd suggest directly contacting Official Quicken Support

https://www.quicken.com/support#windows

to try and really get a resolution to this problem.

This discussion has been closed.