Accounts width grown too wide after update

Options
John Curran
John Curran Member ✭✭

Hello, after a recent upgrade my "Accounts" column width has roughly tripled in width. There is a lot of blank space there, totally not needed, and now Accounts covers over information I want to see on the left side columns. I only find the options to view or not view Accounts, not to resize it to its former smaller width. It is useful to have accounts open, but not at this size. Any advice/ help please!

Using Version R51.12, Build 27.1.51.12.

Best Answer

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Are you referring to the "Accounts Bar," the vertical column to the left or right of the screen? If that's the case, then you can adjust the width of that column by putting your mouse cursor on the vertical line that separates that column from the rest of the screen. You should get a short horizontal line with arrowheads at each end. Click the mouse to "grab" that line and drag it to whatever position is acceptable.

For whatever reason, updates sometimes change things in your file.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Are you referring to the "Accounts Bar," the vertical column to the left or right of the screen? If that's the case, then you can adjust the width of that column by putting your mouse cursor on the vertical line that separates that column from the rest of the screen. You should get a short horizontal line with arrowheads at each end. Click the mouse to "grab" that line and drag it to whatever position is acceptable.

For whatever reason, updates sometimes change things in your file.

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

What @Tom Young said:

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• John Curran
    John Curran Member ✭✭
    Options

Tom,

I feel foolish - yes. Fixed. I tried that a bunch before, but always where the column headers are. I moved the mouse down into the body and was able to grab it.

Appreciated!

This discussion has been closed.