replacing lost credit card - Chase

Options
stuckyville
stuckyville Member ✭✭

Last week my wife lost her Chase credit card. When she realized it she immediately called Chase to report it, and the sent a new card with a new card number. I tried to add this new account to Q. but after going through the connection confirmations and finally getting to a 'summary' screen, it listed the new account and 'do not add to Quicken' or something to that affect. I thought that should be the default value of a drop list, but it wasn't actionable at all. When looking at the 'edit' fields of the existing account in Q., it showed the account (card) number as being the one for the lost card. However, when we do an account update or One Step update, new purchase transactions are coming into the "old" account. I also see that when we log on to the Chase website, they only list the new account, and it reflects the pre-existing balance from the previous card. I could just say that's all well and good, but what is particularly puzzling then is that when looking at the 'edit' fields of the existing account in Q., it showed the account (card) number as being the one for the lost card.

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

The easiest thing to do is continue to use the existing Quicken account. The only thing that has changed about that account is its account number.

If your current data file is messed up after what you've done, restore the most recent backup before you made changes.

Deactivate the old account from download. In Account Details, delete the account number if it is present. Then use Add Account to find the account under its new number and link it to the existing Quicken account.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• John Ashbaugh
    Options

I have a similar issue - a lost credit card and difficulty updating my credit card account. My old account # is shown - actually, just the last 4 digits of the old # - and it's ghosted and I cannot edit it. When I try to download transactions, none of the action on my current card are downloaded. When I try to use the "+" add account button, it sends me to Chase and I open the Chase window, and Chase now indicates that the new account is linked to (and accessible from) Quicken - except that it isn't! This is very frustrating.

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@John Ashbaugh

You need to disconnect the Account from downloading to get that old credit card number un-ghosted. At that point you should be able to get rid of that card number and try the re-connect process.

• DanOH
    DanOH Member ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

I have a similar problem. The wife lost her Chase Card and we had a new card issued. I tried to add the new card number to Quicken but the new card number was not shown on the Password Vault or the One Step Update dialog box. I have validated and super validated Quicken but the new Chase card number does not show up. Any other suggestions? P.S. I can use the Update Now selection on the new Chase Credit Card number and proceed through the several steps to manually download new transactions into Quicken but this process is time consuming and unacceptable. If this problem can not be resolved, I will cancel my Quicken subscription and move on to another money management app. Very frustrating after using Quicken for 20 years.!!

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@DanOH the new number isn't going to just "show up" and validation has nothing to do with this. As I said above,

If your current data file is messed up after what you've done, restore the most recent backup before you made changes.

Deactivate the old account from download. In Account Details, delete the account number if it is present. Then use Add Account to find the account under its new number and link it to the existing Quicken account.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.